ninety

Mattia's pov

i left the station and shortly after my uber picked me up, i received a phone call.

"hello" i answer.

"mattia polibio" a voice said more as of a demand than a question.

"speaking" i said confused.

"i have your bitch" the voice said.

"wha-" i went to ask but was cut off by the sound of the call being ended.

i thought of chris and started to tear up. my uber driver obviously noticed and made eye contact with me through the rear view mirror.

"everything okay?" she asked me.

"um yeah i- everything is fine" i faked a smile.

"really? because chris is still missing right?" my driver asked me.

"what?" my body froze.

"christina? she's still missing right?" she asked with an evil grin plastered on her face.

i gained control of my body once again and tried to slowly and subtly unlock the door. i reached my hand over and pulled the lock. it wasn't loud but the uber driver definitely heard it. she turned around quickly and slammed the brakes. i opened the door as fast as i could and jumped out of the car.

i rolled until my body stopped moving. i laid in the street for a second before i heard tires screeching. i looked up and saw the uber driver get out of the car. she started running towards me.

i stood up and reached for my phone that was in my pocket. as i was running i realized i had no fucking idea where i was.

i remembered what chris said about her dad and how he called her then tracked her i.p. address. if what chris's dad said was true, i could track the address of the phone that called me. and because i answered, it would be available in my recent call logs. i could see my recent call logs through my internet carrier. if i just call the carrier and ask for my recent call logs, i could see his i.p. address.

i ran until i reached a gas station. i looked back and my psychotic uber driver was walking back to her car. obviously she was sent by whoever was holding chris hostage. she had given up. i walked in the gas station and went up to the clerk working there.

"hey man" i said.

"what's up bro" he said.

"could you do me a solid and order me an uber please? it's important" i asked politely, and out of breath.

"um-" he started but i cut him off.

"i'll paypal you just please" i practically begged as he agreed.

~