ninety three

Mattia's pov:

"you lying bitch" i spoke softly at chris.

"hey hey" she walked over to me and looked at me like she wanted to smack me. "don't talk to me like that" she barked at me.

"did i lie" i said as more of a statement than a question.

she looked behind her shoulder for a few seconds seeming like she was waiting for something. i heard a car door slam and tires squeal. she turned back, facing me, and crouched down next to the chair i was seated in.

"listen mattia i can get you out of here" she said quietly.

"what?" i asked confused.

"they tried to put me down with the tranquilizer but they couldn't. so they brainwashed me. but it didn't work like it was supposed to. instead of brainwashing me, it just gave me a temporary high" she explained to me.

"you faked it" i understood her explanation.

"so i could help you" she smiled at me. "everything i said back there was fake. i love you mattia and i always will. no matter what" her eyes began to water and her hand grasped onto mine.

"chris you are a genius" i really couldn't believe what the fuck was happening.

she then told me that it was okay for me to stand up. she told me that there was a car my dealer bought her near the back of the house that we could use to drive home.

"get in bubba" she said as we ran to the car.

"you know how to drive?" i asked her.

"no but. i know the basics" she laughed as both of our doors shut at the same time.

she knocked the car into gear and we drove off. as soon as we got back into the complex, we see our landlord had been outside with a police officer.

we parked and got out of the car. both chris and i rushed up to the landlord and began asking what was going on.

"the police station said that you missed your appointment you had with them. they tried to get ahold of your cell phone but their calls weren't getting through to you. it would go straight to voicemail. i guess they became worried about you since there are multiple overdoses on your record, they figured they could come and see if everything is okay" my landlord explained.

"yes yes everything is okay. chris is alive she was just..." i wasn't sure how to say it.

"i was kidnapped" she told the officer.

"okay. it doesn't look like you've been hurt, beaten, or bruised. would you like to press charges?" the officer asked chris.

"yes. i very much would" she stated proudly while looking at me, smiling.

~