thirty five

Christina's pov:

i stayed with mattia the rest of the day and went to my own apartment a few hours after the sun set. i had work in the morning and dreaded it. i wanted to stay home with mattia.

i went home and saw all my mail on the counter. i was reminded of the check my dad had sent me. i walked to where my mail lay and picked up the check. i read the note he wrote over and over again. i wonder if it was sincere.

"from dad" i read probably a billion times.

i didn't know why he would randomly send me money unless he was actually sorry or mom and him got into some sort of argument. maybe i should give him a chance. it wasn't like it was my mom trying to get back into my live. my dad was never the source of problems. he just assisted my mom otherwise she would get aggressive and angry with him. sometimes physically abusive towards him as well. my mom was the one who would initiate the fights. my mom would be the one to turn fights into wars. never my dad.

"maybe i should give him a chance" i said out loud, just thinking about how my life would change.

ding

i heard my phone go off and quickly went to answer it incase mattia needed something. the message was from mattia. but he didn't need anything.

"goodnight ma. thanks for taking care of me :)" the message on my phone said.

"of course. get some sleep ok?" i typed out and sent with a smile on my face.

Mattia's pov:

i texted chris goodnight and fell asleep smiling. i still couldn't figure out why she cared so much about me. maybe she didn't have anyone either. no she had that one dude. what was his problem with her anyway?

i need to go to bed quick before i get myself in my feelings. every time i start to think about something i end up hurting myself. especially because i was an over thinker and i've had a good amount of trauma in my past about people caring about me.

"what's so special about me anyway? you could've chosen to love anyone else chris. why me?" i said before i finally fell fully asleep.

~