thirty three

Mattia's pov:

she loved me.

i wanted to tell her i was sorry. i wanted her to know that she has been the only person there for me. she's the only person that ever took a chance on me. i wanted her to understand how much i genuinely care about her. i wanted to scream 'i love you' to her. just to make sure she knew.

i had to stay in the hospital for a couple days, 72 hours to be exact. i knew that chris had work so i didn't expect her to stay with me the whole three days.

i had my landlord sign off on my papers since he was close enough with my parents, aunts, and uncles to be assigned as my guardian. he took care of me when things like this happened.

finally i was released from the hospital. i got to my apartment and quickly put one of the addition patches on my arm. i walked over to my stash and began cursing.

"fucking stupid" i said referring to my outrageous amount of drugs.

i walked to the bathroom and dumped the pill bottles out into the toilet. i kept the remainder of my blunts because i had no plan of quitting weed and i couldn't overdose on it. i flicked the lever and watched the water drown the life threatening medication.

chris was at gucci today but it was almost the end of her work day. i got excited to see her since i haven't seen her in two whole days. i sat on my couch scrolling through instagram, waiting for her to text me.

Christina's pov:

all day at work, i couldn't take my mind off of mattia. he came home from the hospital today and i became worried. his stash was probably still at his house. what if he tried to overdose again? what if he got back into the pill bottles? my mind got the best of me and i began to freak out.

"hey can i take a break really quick?" i asked my only active manager working today.

"sure. make it quick. five minutes ok?" she said with a snippy attitude.

i went out the back door into the employee parking lot behind the mall. i pulled out my phone and called mattia.

"hello" he said sounding tired.

"hey did you get home alright?" i said with concern in my voice.

"yeah yeah. i got home okay" he muttered through the phone.

i reassured him the time i was planning on being home and hung up. the ending of the call was followed by a text message from mattia.

"thanks for checking on me ma" the message read.

i smiled to myself and got back to work. my mind, not thinking of anything other than mattia polibio.

~