twenty

Mattia's pov:

since i woke up this morning i've been keeping time of how long i've been sober today. it's been eight hours since i woke up. i've been sober for eight hours. holy shit. new record.

i was just sitting on the couch, vibing, when i saw a car pull into the parking lot of the complex. i wouldn't have noticed it if i was high.

i saw chris get out of one side. coming home from work definitely. and then i saw a dude get out of the other side. what the fuck.

i watched them walk close to each other and laugh. she didn't mention anything about a boyfriend. i saw them walk into her apartment and close the door.

"so she was taken and never told me?" i said, heart-broken to be honest.

in this moment, i gave up. staying sober didn't matter anymore if i didn't have a chance with chris. i got up from the couch and walked to my stash. i grabbed a few blunts and a couple percs. i went to sit down on the couch. i didn't care if the smoke traveled to homegirl's apartment. at this point, i hope it did.

i lit a blunt and popped a pill. all i wanted to do was melt away and not care anymore.

Christina's pov:

i had alex over for an hour or two but then he had to leave. his parents needed him home before dark. today was such a good day. we looked on amazon for coffee tables but of course i didn't have the money. i was going to order takeout for tonight.

i pulled out my phone and began ordering. while ordering, the smell of weed hit me like a truck and i started coughing. god damn it mattia you were sober. what happened?

i still needed to eat, regardless of what mattia was doing. i wanted to eat without having to be breathing in smoke from a blunt. i decided i wanted to go out to eat.

"should i invite him?" i asked myself under my breath.

maybe if i got him out of his house he wouldn't feel the need to smoke so bad. i decided that i was going to ask him to come with me. not out on a date. well maybe. no. i don't know.

i got dressed, just a different top from my work
t-shirt and got my shoes back on. i grabbed my keys, phone, wallet, and headed over to mattia's.

~