twenty eight

Christina's pov:

i got home from work around 6:15 and instantly pulled out my phone to text mattia.

"hey mattia. i'm home from work. you still want to come over?" i sent the messages expecting a quick reply back.

i logged onto instagram and scrolled for a while. i seemed to have lost track of time because when i looked up at the clock it had just turned 9:00. i checked my notification center to see if i had missed a message from mattia.

there was no messages. i began to get worried about him but there was nothing i could do at this late of an hour. i sent a quick 'goodnight' text to mattia before setting my phone down to go to bed. i accepted the fact that i wasn't going to be able to see him today. man. what a waste.

today was the start of the weekend and i had the day off of work. i woke up around my normal time and flipped my phone to check my messages. nothing from mattia. not even a read receipt.

"good morning" i sent and waited for it to deliver.

i set my phone down and went to take a quick shower. i put my music on and let my mind drift away into the warm water.

i finished my steamy shower and once again, went to check my phone for any missed messages from mattia. none. what the fuck was going on?

i grew more worried by the second and realized i had been waiting on a message from mattia for hours now. i decided to text the landlord to see if something happened.

"hey just wanted to check and see if you've heard from mattia. he hasn't been answering my texts" i pressed the send button and my palms grew sweaty.

i heard my phone ding and unlocked it to see my landlord had responded.

~