twelve

Christina's pov:

i was on my way home from work and decided that i wanted to make something for dinner instead of ordering food. i had my uber drop me off at the store.

"noodles..." i said under my breath, thinking out loud.

i was craving spaghetti so i bought noodles, of course, sauce and paper plates. i hadn't eaten anything that hasn't been delivered so i had never gotten around to buying plates. this was another big step that i was happy to finally be taking.

"your total is 17 dollars and 86 cents. would you like a plastic bag or a paper bag?" the cashier asked with no emotion.

"plastic is fine" i said with a friendly smile.

once again i called an uber and ended up back at my apartment complex. i was so tired from the day's work to be honest. not that it was a lot but it was new to me. my old job i had was at a fast food restaurant and so all i had to do was press some buttons on a cash register.

i unlocked my place and put the bag down on the counter. i sat down on the floor just to catch a quick break. i pulled out my phone and saw nine missed calls from the same 'unknown number'

"assholes" i muttered referring to my parents.

i'd been living alone for about a month now and to be real, it fucking sucked. i wanted my friends from school back. or should i say friend. singular. he had been my best friend since seventh grade and we did everything together. that is until high school came around and my parents started treating me a million times worse than before. middle school was hard for me, but my parents never physically abused me, only mentally. once high school approached, i got beat almost everyday for almost anything i did.

him, being my best friend, could tell things changed. my parents started not letting him come over. and then they moved to not letting me talk to him on the phone. and then they moved to not letting me talk to him at school. i did anyway because fuck you but it was hard. they knew he cared about me and they didn't like it. he was the only person that i felt truly, 100% loved me.

i haven't seen him in about two months. before i left home, my mom pulled me out of school without warning. so i haven't gotten to officially say goodbye yet. i didn't have his number anymore because my parents made me change mine so i lost all my contacts.

i was missing him but what the fuck could i do about it at this point.

~