forty four

Christina's pov:

i got home and saw that there was a note on my door. the one that mattia had talked about.

"for all your troubles, sincerely, landlord" the envelope was taped to the door.

something was inside. i took the envelope off the door and went inside. i set the food i was going to take to mattia down on the counter and opened the letter. it was a lollipop, my favorite flavor too.

"awh" i said out loud.

my landlord knew i was helping mattia out and that my parents were assholes. i'm sure he just felt bad for me but this was an amazing gift. not that it was anything big but it sure did make my day that much better.

i took the leftover of my food and mattia's meal over to his apartment with a smile on my face.

"hey ma" he opened the door.

"hi mattia. i brought you pizza" i smiled and set the food down on his coffee table.

Mattia's pov:

chris set down the food she had brought me down on my coffee table.

"i really need a coffee table" she laughed.

we ate and she told me all about what her dad and her's conversations entailed. it seemed like he really wanted to make things right with her and get out of that toxic house. too bad that he couldn't just move out and live somewhere else.

"and then he said that she wouldn't sign the papers. like refused" chris finished her story.

"wow. poor guy" i shoveled pizza into my mouth.

i didn't tell her about my plan to get a job yet because i had previously told her i wasn't ready to get a job. which was still true but i desperately wanted to buy her that bracelet. and i wanted to start being able to support myself. i saw how happy chris was explaining how it made her feel when she was finally able to make her own money and pay for her own shit. i wanted to feel like that.

every once in a while i would have withdrawals from the drugs and i would start shaking. not that big of a deal. but maybe a big deal to someone that didn't know you were having withdrawals.

my right leg started shaking up and down before my left leg joined in. my arms began to slightly shake and i had to set my piece of pizza down.

"hey are you okay?" chris asked me seeming concerned.

"i'm fine. just having withdrawals" i explained.

my body continued shaking before chris sat closer to me. she wrapped her arms around my body and held me tightly. she laid her head on my chest while still engaging me into a hug. i started to relax since being in her grasp and my body began to chill out. i got control of my hand and arms again before hugging her back. i held her matching the tightness she held me with.

her head still lay on my chest. she looked up and me and i looked down at her. i leaned in and kissed her on her lips passionately as a thank you for helping me get through the experience.

~