eighty seven

Mattia's pov:

"just step in here" the officer told me.

the police officer walked me to his cop car and asked me to get in. he told me he was going to ask me a couple of questions.

"so what do you know about mr. don?" he asked.

"um he was my girlfriend's father" i spoke anxiously.

"okay and so what were you doing with him?" he questioned.

"so he got attacked and ended up in the hospital. but his daughter, chris, um disappeared and his wife refused to come pick him up from the hospital so he called me" i explained.

"so what happened to his daughter?" the officer turned and faced me a little more.

"she was um... she was murdered" i said quietly to avoid crying.

okay what the fuck else was i supposed to say? the police already think i killed don and now they're going to think i killed chris too. oh my fuck. they're going to think i killed chris. no no that's the opposite of what happened. but if i tell them exactly what did happen, i would go to jail for underage use of drugs. i was going to improvise.

"she was murdered? by who?" the officer looked very suspicious.

"okay hear me out. an old friend of mine kidnapped us, killed chris, and then let me go. and don's wife, chris's mom, was a part of it. i bet she framed me for don's death too, didn't she?" i kind of spoke without thinking for a second there.

"um actually yes she asked to speak with me before i interviewed you" he looked surprised yet confused.

"wait she did?" i genuinely asked.

"yes she said that she had seen you take him home from the hospital after taking him off life support 'against his will' is this true?" he looked at me.

"not at all. i just wanted to help him. he wanted to go home to his daughter but she... yeah" i tried hard not to let a tear fall.

"well looks like i have everything i need. thank you mattia" he got out of the car.

i stepped out of the vehicle and walked back to my house. there was two other officers and chris's mom standing by the door talking.

"may i go inside?" i asked the officers.

"sure son be safe alright" he patted me on the back and smiled.

"we got what we need boys. let's bounce" the policeman that i was preciously talking to said to the other guys.

chris's mom followed them and left in her car.

~