thirty four

Christina's pov:

my work shift was almost over and so i called an uber to bring me back to my complex. we pulled into the parking lot and i got out of the car. i went into my apartment and saw my mail had been dropped off. i went through the envelopes and nothing seemed too odd.

then, i came across a very suspicious letter from an unknown address. i opened it and pulled out a check for 500 dollars. i looked at the check and as it was made out to me, there was nothing on the 'sent by' line. i flipped the check to see the back and discovered writing.

"hey christina. i know you probably hate me but i wanted to apologize for everything i've personally done to you. i hope this helps with anything you need" the note on the back of the check read.

"from dad" i continued to read.

my dad had sent me money? and apologized? maybe him and mom got into a little altercation. maybe he was genuinely sorry.

i remembered mattia and set the check down. i didn't need to be worrying about that right now i had a whole human being to take care of.

mattia had given me a spare key to his place so i grabbed it, my phone, and my own apartments keys. i walked over to his door and knocked before opening it. i saw him on the couch playing with his phone. i noticed a small white thing on his arm as he stood up to greet me.

Mattia's pov:

i heard someone knock on the door and looked at the time. chris was here. before i could think of what to say, she opens the door with the spare key i lent to her. i stood up to give her a hug. i saw her eyeing the arm my addiction patch was on.

"it's an addiction patch thing" i said pulling her into a tight hug. "to help me not crave them"

she continued to hug my torso as she was too short to reach my shoulders. i hugged her back and held her tight. we seemed to stand their, bodies against each other, for hours. but it had only been a few minutes.

"how are you feeling?" she asked, still wrapped around my lower chest.

"better now that you're here" i said squeezing her tighter.

~