thirty

Christina's pov:

i walked into the hospital room and saw mattia hooked up to three different machines. i began to cry again. this time, i didn't try to stop it. i pulled a chair up next to his bed and sat down in it. it was him and i alone in the room for a while before a new nurse entered.

"oh hello. i assume you're friends with mr polibio?" she asked with interest in her voice.

"yeah i'm his friend" i said continuing to cry.

i sat back and let my tears fall a little longer. i was about to ask the nurse what happened when she cut off my thought.

"your friend here overdosed on three percocet, each at a dangerously high dosage" the nurse muttered monotoned.

i sat deeper in my chair and processed her words. tears still falling, i looked at her with a face of concern. she saw my worry and quickly reassured me.

"he is only in a coma. it's more than likely he will recover within the next day or two. he, thankfully, didn't take enough to kill him. but he did ingest enough to send his body into shock" the lady nurse said, not moving her eyes from the computer.

she smiled at me before leaving the room. i picked myself up from deep in the chair and fixed my posture.

my eyes were definitely tired of crying at this point but when i looked down at mattia's lifeless body, i couldn't help it. tears raced toward my jawline as my breathing hitched. i placed my hand on his limp arm and closed my eyes. i couldn't look at him anymore.

each time i heard the machine beep, my body jumped. i stay sat in my chair for what seemed like days but when i checked the time, it had only been an hour since i checked in to the hospital.

i looked from my phone screen back up to mattia and observed his facial features. his lips. they were so blue, if i didn't know any better, i would've thought they were ice cold.

~