eighty four

Mattia's pov:

i got off the phone with chris's dad. i was the only one left that could be eligible to check him out of the hospital. since his wife was a raging psychopath and chris was dead, he would have to stay with me until he could go and live on his own again. what a fucking life i'm living huh?

"name?" the nurse at the front desk asked me.

"mattia polibio. i'm here to check out don" i said nervously.

"okay perfect let me take you to his room" she stood up and walked down the hallway.

i followed her and instantly got ptsd from being in the hospital a while back due to an overdose.

we arrived to chris's dad's room. the nurse told me that i was welcome to enter whenever i was ready. i wiped the sweat off my forehead, took a deep breath, and opened the hospital room door.

"hey don" i said, turning around to close the door behind me.

"mattia. good to see you bud" he said with little to no emotion.

"i'm so sorry. this is all my fault" i started to say.

"no. it's okay. unless you... killed her" he looked at me suspiciously.

"no no i didn't. i couldn't" my eyes started to water but quickly subsided due to the raging embarrassment.

he thought that i had killed chris? what the fuck. i could never ever kill someone let alone the only god damn person i had ever loved.

"so are you able to check me out?" he asked me.

"yes i think. i just have to talk to one of the nurses and explain... the um situation" i scratched the back of my neck and looked down to my feet.

"could you maybe do it sooner rather than later?" he asked, seeming annoyed.

"yes... yes sir let me... let me go find a nurse" i stumbled with my words.

i walked down the hallway and to the front desk where i had first talked to one of the nurses.

~