thirty eight

Christina's pov:

i woke up and sent my daily 'good morning' message to mattia.

"good morning :) <3" the message delivered.

"wait for me, i'll ride with you to work <3" he responded almost immediately.

aw. he had finally gotten up early enough to ride with me to work. i was excited not going to lie. i had been suggesting that he get out of his house more often but i knew that he didn't have that much cash to just throw around. i really encouraged him to get a job but he said he didn't think he was ready yet. which was reasonable.

"yay you're up. i'll wait for you" i sent the text to him then smiling to myself.

i did what he asked and waited. i decided to order the uber in advanced. i pulled out my phone and went to order the ride. as soon as i logged into my uber app, i received a message.

"i already ordered an uber. come on" i read the text from mattia.

he got up early and ordered an uber? wow i was impressed. i became flustered and started blushing as i walked out of the door meeting mattia in the parking lot.

Mattia's pov:

i had finally gotten up early enough to ride with chris to work. i grabbed some cash and walked out of my apartment. i delivered some of it to the landlord as i still owed him rent. it was barely enough for this month and next month's rent. i decided to drop next months rent off early because i got sent another check from my aunt after she heard about my overdose. she sent me extra in case i needed to take care of anything.

i still had some left over money so i wanted to maybe buy something from the mall. i remembered chris and wanted to do something nice for her in return for taking such good care of me. i knew it wasn't much but i pulled out my phone and ordered her uber for her. i texted her that i called a ride already and told her to come to the parking lot.

i see her walk out of her apartment, cheeks red, with a shy grin on her face. she looked beautiful. we met with a hug and got into the uber. our uber broke the barrier with some small talk before chris grabbed my hand in hers and held it. i smiled to myself.

~