fifty five

Mattia's pov:

"i'm sorry do i know you?" i asked the woman approaching me.

she said nothing and continued to move closer to me. she looked extremely familiar i just couldn't put my finger on it.

"alright i have somewhere to be so it was nice to meet... um yeah" i said, confused.

i turned back to face my apartment and i saw chris outside. her hickeys were so bold i could see them from the parking lot. damn she looks sexy when she was labeled as mine.

"hey beautiful. i couldn't remember your coffee order so i just got-" she cut me off.

"thank you bubba we need to go inside now" she unlocked the door to my apartment.

she dragged me into the room and i set her coffee on the counter. i heard the door shut and as i set the drink down, chris began crying.

"mamas what's wrong? are you okay?" i ran over to hug her.

i held her in my arms for a while while she cried. i let her tears fall onto my chest for a couple seconds and then i pulled away from her. i held her by her shoulders and bent down so our eyes were the same height. i moved one of my hands from her shoulder to her jawline and caught one of her tears with my thumb.

"babygirl what's going on?" i looked her in the eyes.

Christina's pov:

i had escaped. i was free. i had my own shit. i had my own life. of course, of fucking course my mother had to show up. what the hell? how did she know where i live? how did she know mattia's name?

"that was my mom" i cried to mattia.

he pulled me into a hug and held me tight. normally, i felt safe in his arms but this just proves that anywhere i go, i'm not safe.

i pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears. i looked back up at mattia and noticed we had a matching hickey on the same side of our neck. it made me giggle a little bit.

"how does she know..." he stopped himself.

"i don't feel safe mattia" i looked up at him.

~