twenty five

Mattia's pov:

i woke up tired as fuck. i got up and looked in the mirror. my eye bags were looking like birkins to be honest. i groaned at the sight of myself and walked to look at my phone. i desperately wanted to see a message from chris.

"yes" i yelled as i spot one imessage from her.

i read it in my head and i felt cared for. i wanted to start crying. why did she care about me so much? i texted her back.

"good morning chris. i would love to come over when you get home :) have a good day at work ma" i sent the message with a giant smile across my face.

i wanted to go sober. i wanted to better myself. for me and for chris. i looked from my phone, to my stash, back to my phone, then back to my stash.

shit. i was craving drugs. i began to walk over to my stash just for a simple blunt. i set my phone down and headed over to the counter my weed lay on. i was almost there until i heard my phone ding.

"can't wait polibio :) u have a good day as well" chris's message read.

i decided that i needed to change my lifestyle. and fast before my craving got the best of me. i walked to get my slides on. i grabbed my keys and my wallet. i called an uber and had them take me to the store. i got into the market and began walking around. i was looking for some addiction patch shit or something. i wanted to stop.

"hey. do you have like addiction patches or something?" i asked the cashier.

the dude behind the counter pointed to isle 6 and i said thank you. i walked into the isle and began looking around. i quickly found what i needed and went to check out.

"8 dollars and 49 cents sir" the employee said with zero emotion.

i handed him a ten dollar bill, collected my change, and headed out. i called an uber back to the complex, planning to throw all my remaining substances away.

i approached the door of my apartment to a note taped saying my rent was three days past due.

~