seventy six

Mattia's pov:

"mattia" chris said sounding upset.

i pulled my hand away because i didn't want to be a bad distraction to her anymore. all i did was stress her out. all i did was bring her pain. i still wasn't sure if i would be buying her that diamond bracelet anymore. i didn't want to get another job because, well we all saw how that turned out.

"chris please" i looked away from her.

i loved her but i didn't want to be the main source of her drama. i feel bad. maybe she was better off without me.

as i thought about my life without chris, i remembered the overdose. i would've died if she wasn't there. and then i thought about the spaghetti date. that was one of the best nights of my life. and then i thought about the sex. the night i lost my virginity. i knew from the second that i met her, she was special. she was my special person. she was the only person i had. ever.

i was going to get her the bracelet. i still wasn't sure what she wanted though. i still wasn't sure if i wanted to be with her.

that would be a long conversation my brain would be having with itself later.

after about another 15 minutes, we arrived at the warehouse. chris and i got out. she thanked the driver and we started walking up to the entrance of the building.

as we were walking up, it sounded like footsteps following us. as i started to grow anxious, i turned around and stopped. chris kept walking.

"i swear i heard someone following us" i said, my back facing chris who continued to walk towards the front door of the warehouse.

"i'm sure there's no one following us" i heard chris say, still making her way to the building.

"yeah you're right" i said.

i shook my head, chuckled, and turned around. chris was nowhere to be seen.

~