eighty nine

Mattia's pov:

"hi i'm here for my interview, mattia polibio" i talked to the worker at the desk.

i walked into the gucci store for my interview around 11:50 i wanted to be early just in case something happened. i don't know. it was a habit i guess. i had talked to the employee at the desk and they called back to the manager.

"mattia how are you doing?" a woman walked out from the back room.

"still breathing" i laughed.

"alright let's get this interview started" she smiled and walked back into the room she came from.

i followed her into the room and she motioned for me to take a seat. i sat in one of the two chairs placed in front of a work desk.

"so tell me a little bit about yourself" she started.

"i'm 17 my mother left, my father is not with us anymore, and the love of my life just died in my arms" i paused. "too much?" i asked.

"no it's good for me to get to know you since we'll be working a lot together" she smirked.

"i got the job?" i questioned, surprised.

"i can tell how much this means to you" she added.

"thank you so much i really appreciate it" i smiled and stood up from the chair.

"alright i'll send you your potential work schedule by tonight and you should be starting within the next week or so" she shook my hand and led me out of the store.

i was excited to be back at work, making money. and i was especially excited because chris's 18th birthday was coming up, right after mine. i knew i was going to still get her that bracelet. i was dedicated to making her proud. i knew she was watching over me. probably making fun of my outfit or something right now but that's not the point. i knew she was with me.

i called an uber and not long after, we arrived at the police station. i was about an hour early so i figured i'd just sit and wait until my appointment.

"hey pretty boy" i received a text message.

i instantly knew exactly who it was. but why on god's green earth was she texting me?

"fuck you jasmine" i sent.

"aw how sweet you could tell it was me" i read.

"how could you do this? she was the love of my life" i typed out and pressed send.

"that's exactly why i did it. i liked you and you chose her, that slut. if you would've chosen me, none of this would have happened" her message said.

"what drug was it?" i asked.

"carfentanil" she responded.

a fucking animal tranquilizer? what the fuck was she thinking? and by the way that if hit her so quickly, i knew she had to use a shit ton of it. chris was killed by an elephant sleepy medicine. what the fuck is going on?

"are you fucking kidding me?! what was the fucking reason to kill her by using an animal anesthesia? i typed out.

"so it would take longer for it to ware off" i read the message in my head a million times before even thinking of how to respond.

"for it to ware off?" i questioned.

"yeah. that large of a dose takes about two weeks to ware off" she explained.

it had been a week and a half since chris and i got kidnapped. if chris isn't dead then i have no reason to press charges. i didn't want to get in more trouble with my ex dealer than i already was.

i need to go find her.

~