forty five

Christina's pov:

i woke up like normal and started getting ready for work. mattia had been riding with me to work for three days now and it's honestly so much fun. if the uber lets us, we take the aux cord and play either don toliver or playboi carti.

"you and all your friends yeah they love to get naughty" mattia and i both sang to each other.

we got to the mall and of course i had to go into work. mattia walked with me until we got to the entrance of the gucci store.

"gimme a kiss" mattia demanded.

i got on my tip toes and gave him a peck on the lips. we weren't dating or official yet. but we were together and i feel like we'd always be together.

"bye be safe hot stuff" i said jokingly as i walked into my work.

"right back at you" mattia laughed and walked the opposite direction.

i got to work in the back. my manager said that she would maybe let me work in the front of the store here and there so i was excited for her to teach me the ways of the register.

"this is the button you press when they want to pay with debit" she pointed.

i listened and copied her actions before a costumer came to check out. my manager smirked and walked away, signaling that she thought i could do it without any help.

"find everything okay?" i asked the young man who walked up to the counter.

"yeah" he said with attitude, starring at his phone.

"that'll be 236 dollars and 67 cents sir" i said smiling at him.

i tried to never be rude. to a coworker or a costumer. even thought sometimes i wanted to punch them so hard right in the nose, i kept my calm. helping mattia out with this whole drug thing has really trained my patience. believe it or not, mattia is very stubborn when he's tired. but i learned to not be too mean to him or his feelings will get hurt and i hate to see him upset.

"no fucking way" the guy said, eyes beaming to my face.

woah did he just curse at me. what do i say? it's literally my first day on the job and this guy seemed to be pretty pissed off. i debated calling the manager over but i wanted to prove myself worthy of having this job. i mean the pay was higher that's for damn sure. and i needed the money.

"would you like an itemized receipt?" i asked with the fakest grin on my face.

"yeah what the fuck" he said seeming very mad.

i gave him an itemized receipt and he snatched it out of my hand. ow fucker. i wasn't going to say anything because again i wanted to prove myself. i could handle this job. and i really wanted to handle this job's paycheck. if you get what i'm saying.

"no. fuck no" he threw the item he was going to buy onto the counter making me jump.

"have a good one!" i yelled as he walked out of the store.

my manager heard the yelling and came out to see what was going on. she sat down on the counter and glared at me.

"what did you say?" she asked me smugly.

"nothing he didn't want to pay the money so i gave him an itemized receipt and then he just stormed out" i explained.

"first day on the job and you already got motherfuckers yelling. how about you go back to the back room for a few more days" she suggested, patting my shoulder.

i put my head down and watched my feet as i walked to the back room. man what a fucked up day. and what the fuck was my problem, thinking i was going to work at the register? could this day get any worse...?

~