thirty two

Christina's pov:

i kissed his lips, still crying. please feel me. please wake up. i wanted to scream. i wanted to scream at him 'wake up'

i continued holding my lips pressed against his. this feeling sent chills up and down my body. our lips held together felt like the world was coming to a screeching halt.

as i was kissing mattia's icy blue lips, i felt his hand squeeze mine. i pulled away from the kiss and saw mattia's eyes flutter open.

"i think i love you too" he said in a deep groggy voice.

i burst into tears and buried my head in his chest. i wrapped my arm around his body and hugged him. he woke up. he heard me. he loves me.

"mattia i thought you were-" i couldn't finish the sentence.

"you thought i would leave without saying goodbye?" he asked, hugging me back.

i stay wrapped around his body for a long while. my hand intertwined in his and my arm around his chest. i wanted to stay like this forever.

"never do that shit again" i said, crying into him.

as much as i was against his doing of drugs, this boy needed someone to love and care for him. he needed a friend. he needed to be appreciated and reassured. he needed someone to remind him that he has meaning. i was given the opportunity to give this kid a purpose and i blew it.

"i'm sorry if i scared you" mattia said softly into my ear.

he scared the shit out of me. i couldn't say it because my brain was trying to comprehend everything that's going on.

i began to start thinking straight again and i wanted to just scream 'i'm sorry'. i felt like the entire thing was my fault.

"mattia i'm so sorry. i feel like i could've prevented this from happening and i just didn't try hard enough. i feel like this is my fault" i explained to him.

he lifted my body off of his and pulled my chin up so my eyes were equal to his. our faces were so close, i could see the spots of color in his brown eyes.

"it's no ones fault but mine. don't blame yourself. i probably wouldn't have woken up if it wasn't for you" he told me, smiling.

he held onto my chin for a few more seconds before he pulled me into another kiss. i felt him smile in between contacts and i couldn't help but copy his action. god was i happy that he woke up.

~