you accidentally break her guitar (requested)

"How do you want to spend the day, baby?" Jennie asked you as she sat beside you on the sofa. She put her arm around you and relished in your giggles when she brought you to her chest and peppered kisses across your head.

It's her first day off in a couple of long busy weeks and she's got tomorrow to spend with you as well, and she's overjoyed about it all.

"Movie marathon?"

"Okay. Why don't you start it? I'm gonna go grab my notebook to write a bit if some ideas for new songs pop into my head."

"Okay." You said, smiling as she pecked your lips then headed upstairs. Just as you reached for the remote, there was a knock at the door. You know Jennie is getting a very important delivery sometime today so you rushed to the front door to see if that's what it was.

You stepped out onto the front porch and went down the steps. The delivery driver flashed you a smile and told you to have a good day as he passed you the guitar and walked back to his truck

You felt so excited! Jennie's been impatiently waiting for her new customized guitar to arrive! You couldn't wait to see the joy on her face and hear the beautiful music she's bound to create with it.

So busy staring down at it, you weren't watching where you were going and you tripped over the stairs. The guitar hit the porch hard and broke and your heart began to hammer in your chest at the sight. The responsibility and guilt were already heavy on your shoulders. She didn't even get to see it before you broke it! You felt so awful!

You heard Jennie call out for you before she stepped outside. A gasp fell from her lips and you looked up just in time to see the anger in her eyes.

"Jennie, I-"

"What have you done?!" She yelled angrily. "Do you know how much this cost me to customize? Do you know how long it took for it to finish? Do you realize how excited I was for this to come?!"

"I-I know, I'm so sorry-"

"I can't believe you! This is broken beyond repair, y/n! Look what you did!"

Your eyes stung with tears. She's never raised her voice at you before and it hurt so much to hear her yell. You already felt terrible and she was only making you feel worse.

"I'll fix it, Jen-"

"You can't fix it!" She screamed angrily as she picked up the broken guitar. "It's ruined. Thanks so much, y/n."

You bit your lip and tried to reach out to touch her shoulder but she only pushed you away. You felt an ache in your heart; one that was only growing more intense by the second.

"It was only an accident, I swear."

She lifted her head at what sounded like a sniffle coming from you.

"I didn't mean to. You know I'd never do something like this on purpose. I know it's important to you and you've been so excited for it to come. I swear, I didn't do it on purpose. I tripped over the step and it just broke. I should've been more careful. I'm so sorry."

You lowered your head and didn't even look up when she let out a sad sigh and put her hand on your shoulder.

"I'm the one that should be sorry, y/n. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"I understand. It's okay."

"It's absolutely not okay. It'll never be okay for me to raise my voice at you. I know you didn't do this on purpose, that you never would. I guess I just got frustrated but that's not okay. That's still no excuse. I'm sorry, baby."

You dropped your cheek onto her shoulder and let her hold you tight.

"I'll get a new one, an even better one than this." She whispered in your ear. "Don't be sad. I'm not upset and I'm not gonna yell at you anymore, not ever. I love you so much."

"Love you, Jen." You mumbled and lifted your head. She caressed your cheek and laid a few little kisses on your lips.

"Come on. I'm gonna go customize another and I want your opinion this time." She said as she stood on her feet and put her arms around you to lead you inside.