I found mistletoe

With the night off and both of you being in the Christmas spirit, it seemed like the perfect night to finally set up the tree.

Jennie was gathering all of the ornaments and garland, while you were busy putting the lights on the tree. Christmas music played and Jennie was singing along to it as she busied herself with the decorations, making the night even more special.

"Alright, babe! All the decorations should be here." Jennie said as she set the last box carefully onto the floor next to the other two. You finished with the lights and looked back at her, giggling when you found her wearing the cute little Santa hat that had once been buried in the box.

"Thanks, Jen. Do you wanna look through the decorations? See what all we have? Maybe we can find the star to put on top!" You said before turning your back on her to straighten out the branches on the tree in preparation for the ornaments.

You expected to hear the jingling of the bells in the box or hear the clattering of the ornaments on occasion. But instead, you felt her hug you from behind.

Her arms wrapped around you and she laid a few kisses on your neck. You breathed out a contentful sigh and melted into her embrace.

"I know how to make this night even more special."

You could already sense the excitement in her voice. You were about to ask her what she had in mind, but she told you to look up before you got the chance. Putting your head back on her shoulder and looking up, you saw the mistletoe hanging over your head.

You could already feel the butterflies in your chest. You turned around and found her wearing the brightest smile.

"Jennie, we agreed on no distractions."

She playfully rolled her eyes before petting your chin, making you giggle.

"Oh, come on, baby. It's not a distraction, it's mistletoe! We have to kiss, I don't make the rules."

You shook your head with a laugh before looping your arms around her neck and leaning in for a kiss. One so loving, yet so passionate that it took her breath away. She found herself melting into your lips, loving the taste of the peppermint on your breath, and found herself cherishing each kiss more than the last.

Pulling away, you dropped your forehead onto hers and gazed into her eyes.

"Happy early Christmas. I'm excited to spend it with you."

She pecked your cheek and then your forehead, before pecking your lips lovingly.

"So am I, baby. Now, that tree isn't going to decorate itself. Let's get to it!" She grinned before letting you go and passing you a box filled with the decorations, letting you pick and choose whatever you wanted to decorate the tree with.