stay focused (requested)

"Hey, baby girl. How's the studying coming along?" Jennie asked as she entered the room, carrying a couple of bowls full of snacks in her hands.

She put them down on the desk in front of you before she put her hands on your shoulders.

She thought she'd find you with your face buried in your books, a pen clutched tightly in your hand, and your notebooks full of notes spread open on the desk.

But instead, she found you staring at your phone as you texted someone.

"Baby, what are you doing?"

"Texting my friends. They were blowing up my phone so I wanted to reply." You said.

"You're not supposed to be texting, you're supposed to be studying." She lectured.

You spun around in your chair to face her and found her standing there with her hands on her hips and a stern look on her face.

"Phone down. Eyes on your books." She said and you sighed before putting your phone on the desk, screen down.

"Good girl." She said as she kissed your head and sat on the bed. "There's some snacks there if you're hungry."

"Thank you."

You tried to stay focused, you truly did.

But the more you tried, the more your phone vibrated as more texts and social media notifications you received.

You kept looking away from your books to the phone.

This didn't go unnoticed by Jennie.

She was watching you closely, hoping you'd stay focused on your studies.

She wasn't trying to be bossy or controlling.

She just knows how easy it is for you to get distracted and you can hardly stay focused when it comes to studying for your college exams.

She's just trying to look out for you.

You grabbed your phone, too curious to keep ignoring it.

As you opened your texts, you heard Jennie clear her throat and you looked to find that she was now right beside you.

"Jennie!" You gasped, startled by her suddenly standing there.

"Give me your phone, darling."

"But-"

"Come on, sweet girl. I'm not trying to be controlling, I'm trying to help. Give me your phone."

You knew she only has your best interest at heart.

So, with a sigh, you put your phone in her hand.

She turned it on do not disturb before putting it on the nightstand beside the bed.

"No more notifications. Out of sight, out of mind." She smiled as she returned to your side.

Giving you a kiss on your cheek, she rubbed your shoulders comfortingly.

"I know you're stressed and you can't focus much but if you need anything, I'm right here. Just stay focused. You can do this. I believe in you, my love." She encouraged.

Your heart fluttered and you couldn't hold back the smile on your face.

"I love you so much, Jennie. Thank you."

"I love you more, baby, and you're welcome. Now, get back to studying and in a couple of hours, I'll order us some food. You're so smart, you've got this."

She sat back on the bed and watched you with a proud smile, happy that you can focus easier now.