you give her the silent treatment (requested)

You heard Jennie call out for you after the front door slammed shut. You sat at the foot of the bed, scrolling through the messages from the girls, your friends, family, and blinks.

The messages were so sweet. But they didn't make you smile as much as they usually would, because the person who means the most to you forgot your birthday.

Looks like she realized her mistake now, though. Because she stood in the doorway of the bedroom, breathless and sad.

You begged her to stay today, telling her that she said it was an important day and she promised to spend it with you. But she couldn't place her finger on what the day was and hurried off to practice, leaving you alone to wallow your sadness.

"Y/n," she spoke and the sadness she felt was evident in her voice as she made her way to you. "I'm sorry."

The bed dipped as she sat beside you. You could feel her eyes on you. You'd usually look right up at her, finding your eyes locked with hers and finding it nearly impossible to look away since they make you melt each time you stare into them.

But right now you can't even look at her. You can only stare down at your painted nails and the messages on your phone that just keep coming.

She tried to reach out for you. Her hand was just inches from yours, so close she could almost wrap her fingers around yours.

But you pulled away before she got the chance to intertwine her fingers with yours. She sighed sadly and sank her teeth into her lip.

"I know you're mad at me. You've got every right to be. I promised I'd spend your birthday with you, I tell you time and time again what a special day it is, then I forgot it and I let you down."

You didn't want her to know, but you were listening to every word she said. You heard her loud and clear.

"And I can't imagine how devastated you must feel. It breaks my heart knowing I broke yours. I love you. I hate that I forgot, I really do. Things have just been so busy lately. But I'm not excusing it, I promise."

You swallowed thickly and hung your head.

"I know you've been busy lately. I understand you've got a lot on your plate. But I was looking forward to spending the day with you. I don't get as much time as I wish I could with you and I got my hopes up... only for you to forget."

Her heart was deep in her chest. It ached from seeing you so upset, so heartbroken.

"I know. I'm so sorry."

You just nodded your head but refused to look at her.

"Tell me what I can do to make it better. What do you want for your birthday? You never told me."

"Because I didn't want anything but you." You confessed and finally turned to look at her with tears in your eyes. "That's all I wanted. It's all I ever want."

She slowly reached for your hand, inching closer and closer slowly, until she finally laid her hand over yours. You didn't pull away, which brought her a little relief.

"Will you let me make it up to you?"

You shrugged.

"How about we start with a hug? I think you need one, baby."

You couldn't deny it. You needed the comfort only her embrace can give you. So you hugged her and laid your forehead on her chest.

"How does dinner at your favorite spot sound? Maybe some dessert for my birthday girl?"

"No." You mumbled and her hope faded away instantly, her heart sank deep in her chest once more. "I'll only forgive you if you spoil me with cuddles. Promise me you won't let go. I just want to be with you."

"I promise, baby." She smiled brightly and stared at you with stars in her eyes as you pulled away from the hug to stare at her.

She dropped a kiss to your head and let her lips linger for a moment.

"And we have to have takeout and watch movies or bad reality tv."

She laughed but nodded happily.

"Anything for you, my girl."

You finally smiled and her heart melted at the sight.

"And promise you'll never forget my birthday again?"

"Never again. You have my word."

"Okay. I forgive you."

She kissed you lovingly and held you as tight as she could.

"Happy birthday, baby girl. I promise I'll make the rest of the day absolutely amazing."

"You already are. You're here with me and that's all I want." You mumbled as you dropped your forehead to hers. "Love you, Jennie."

"Not nearly as much as I love you." She said with the biggest smile on her face as she planned to make this the best birthday you've ever had.