you don't tell her that you don't feel well

"Are you almost ready to go? We're gonna be late if we don't hurry!"

Jennie frowned as she stepped closer to you. She could see the sweat gathering by your hairline and you looked a little pale like the color was draining from your skin. Worried, she laid the back of her hand against your forehead. You didn't feel feverish, but you definitely felt warmer than usual.

"Maybe we should stay home." She muttered as she brushed her hands over your skin. "You feel warm and you don't look like you're feeling all that great."

"I'm fine!" You said quickly, causing Jennie to furrow her eyebrows. "Okay. My stomach is just a little sore, but that's all,"

Jennie shook her head and tried to reach for her phone in her back pocket. "Let me call Lisa, I'll tell her that we can't make it. They'll understand."

"No! Jennie, please don't." You pleaded as you gently took her hand into yours. "I really just think I'm hungry or something. Please don't cancel. I know how much you and the girls are looking forward to this. I'll be alright."

"And if you aren't?"

"Then I'll tell you." You said.

She let out a sigh and nodded in agreement. "Alright but you better keep your word on that." She said and took your hand. She brought it to her lips to lay a few soft kisses against it causing butterflies to fill your chest.

She intertwined your fingers and you headed out the door. She locked it behind you and led you to the car.

You relaxed in the seat, hoping that the ache would ease as time passed. You didn't exactly lie to her because part of you actually thought getting some food into your stomach would help. At the time, it was the only thing that bothered you. You didn't feel hot or sick, so you figured the ache would pass when you got some food.

But you realized that wasn't the case when you and Jennie stepped inside the restaurant.

It's one of your favorite spots. You and Jennie come here a lot for date night. It's fancy but cozy. Quiet and comfortable. So it seemed like the perfect place to come for a dinner with the girls!

A dinner to catch up a bit, since the girls have had some time off recently. They'd be getting back into the swing of things again very soon and their currently empty schedules would be hectic again.

But that's what tonight was for. A dinner to relax and catch up... and you really didn't wanna ruin that.

But the smell of the food wasn't the same as usual. It didn't make your mouth water in the way it normally does. Usually, you're excited to sit down and open the menu and order some food.

Now your mouth is watering because you feel sick. Because the smell is making your stomach turn. You dreaded sitting at the table with plates of food around you.

"Oh, there's Jisoo!" Jennie smiled and led you from the door over to the table where the girls sat.

She squealed happily when she was able to hug them. Jisoo was the first to come to you, but she froze when she saw you.

"You feeling alright, Y/N?"

Jennie lifted her head at Jisoo's question, watching you to see if you'd say that you didn't.

But you just shook your head and put on your best fake smile. "I'm okay." You spoke and hugged the girls quickly before sitting down just as your knees started to feel weak.

Jennie sat beside you and instantly became caught up in a conversation with Rosé. Lisa and Jisoo talked to you, asking you questions about what you've been up to and how you've been. They looked through the menus while you felt reluctant to open yours, but only did to make sure that Jennie wouldn't become worried about you.