you're clingy

The bright sunshine in her eyes awoke Jennie from her slumber. She blinked a few times to adjust to the light and looked around the hotel room.

She almost didn't even want to wake up. She finally slept deep and peacefully for the first time since she and the girls first left for tour almost two months ago.

Because the bed isn't so cold anymore. Because now, you're by her side again; like she's been wishing for.

She gazed at you, her heart fluttering at the sight of you sleeping soundly with your head on her chest. She looked at the clock and saw that it was almost ten in the morning.

Thankfully, it's the girls' day off, so she doesn't have anywhere to be and has the excuse to hold you in her arms all day.

For now, though, you were asleep and since you had a long flight last night to surprise her, she thought you must be jet-lagged and in need of some sleep, so she intended to let you get as much as you desired.

She gently moved your head from her chest and onto the pillow then placed a kiss on your forehead. She planned to go brush her teeth and order some room service for you to share later, maybe even turn on some films and spend the day cuddling and kissing, making up for lost time.

But she thought she could just sneak out of bed first without waking you.

Once her feet were on the floor, she looked back at you and saw your eyes still closed. The sight was sweet and she smiled to herself before she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Right after the toothbrush was in her mouth, you snuck up behind her and put your arms around her waist, which made her jump.

"Sorry," you mumbled as you buried your face in the fabric of her shirt.

You breathed in her smell that lingered on the fabric. As you squeezed her tightly, despite being thousands of miles away from the comfort of your shared home, you felt like you were home again.

She brushed her teeth quickly before putting the toothbrush back in the holder and turning to you.

You dropped your head to her chest and closed your eyes. You couldn't seem to find the words to describe how good it feels to be back in her embrace and to feel the beat of her heart against your chest. But you often find yourself at a loss for words when it comes to your girlfriend. She's just so wonderful that words couldn't ever be enough to express it.

"Don't let go."

She playfully rolled her eyes at you, only to receive a light and playful smack on her arm from you and she burst out laughing.

"I wouldn't dream of letting you go now that you're by my side again. I promise."

And true to her word, she even held you as you brushed your teeth. When you finished she took you by the hand and led you back to bed. You lied down and she hovered over you.

"I've missed you," you whispered and watched stars appear in her eyes before you closed your own as she leaned in for a kiss.

"I've missed you too." She whispered against your lips. "What do you feel up to doing today?" She asked as she rolled onto her back and then sat up.

She reached for the remote and in the process of searching for it, you put your arms around her and hugged her.

"Being with you."

"Well, that's a given, baby. As I said, I wouldn't dream of letting you go."

She found the remote on the floor and lied down. As she turned the tv on, you scooted as close as you possibly could to her. You laid your head on her chest and sighed contentedly upon hearing her heartbeat in your ear.

"What do you wanna watch?"

"Anything." You mumbled with your eyes closed but a small smile on your face.

"Are you sure? No preferences? Anything your heart desires, baby girl." She said and sent you a breathtakingly beautiful smile as you opened your eyes to stare into hers.

"No. I don't care. I just wanna be with you."

She turned on something random then put the remote aside so her arms could wrap around you. She leaned down to pepper kisses across your head. The smell of your shampoo and the sound of your chuckle as she continued to kiss your head caused butterflies to appear and flutter in her chest.

"Now that you're here I don't think I can let you go."

"Okay." You replied happily and stole a kiss from her lips. "That's perfectly fine with me, Jen."

"Good. Next tour, I'll just put you in my suitcase and sneak you along." She laughed.

"Also perfectly fine with me."

The happiness you both felt was immense. You felt warm and secure in her embrace. As you clung to her tightly, wordlessly telling her you weren't letting go, all she could do was bury her lips in your hair or in your neck to kiss along your skin.

"Anywhere you go today, I'm going with you." You said, humming softly as she caressed your back.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm happier than I've been in a while, right here and right now, with you."

You drifted back off to sleep together shortly after that and clung to her tightly, even in your sleep.