bullies (requested)

You slammed the car door as you got inside. With your arms folded over your chest, your hood over your head, and tears in your eyes, you looked away from her and stared out the window.

You were quiet, uncomfortably quiet and Jennie couldn't help but worry as she started to drive away from your university.

"You're really quiet. Did you have a bad day?"

"That's an understatement." You scoffed and Jennie frowned over your response.

"Oh? Do you wanna tell me why?" She asked as she pulled up to the red light. She reached for your hand but you pulled away as she laid her soft one on top of yours. "Okay. What's going on?"

"Nothing." You replied, but the crack in your voice said otherwise.

"Are you crying?" She asked worriedly and when you just sniffled in response she grew even more concerned. She pulled into an empty parking lot and put the car in park so she could focus on you responsibly.

She tried to hold your hand but you tried to pull away yet again.

"No, y/n, stop." She spoke and her voice was so soft that it made you melt. She reached for your hand again and this time, you didn't fight her touch. She intertwined your fingers together and gave your hand a squeeze.

"What's going on? Did something happen today? Bad classes?"

"No." You whimpered.

"Y/n, look at me, baby."

You bit your lip as you turned your head to look at her. The mascara was running down your cheeks, the look in your eyes one of heartbreak.

"Hey," she whispered softly and wiped the tears from your eyes, catching them as they continued to fall. "What happened? What's got you so sad?"

"It's nothing."

"Don't say that!' She pleaded. "I know when something is wrong, y/n. I can see it in your eyes. You said it wasn't your classes, right? So what is it then?"

"Just some people."

"Are you..." she paused as it started to click. "Are you being bullied?"

"No-"

"Tell me what they're saying, y/n. I can't help you if you don't tell me."

"You can't help me, Jennie! They know who you are. That's why they say things to me and... about me. They say that I'm not good enough for you! That I don't deserve you! And... worse."

"How much worse?"

"A lot worse." You confessed and bit your lip to hold back a sob. "I'm getting through it."

"You're not, y/n. That's okay. It's okay to be upset when someone is bullying you. I got through it too! It hurts and I know that. That's why you have to tell me these things and be honest with me. Remember? When we went public that was our plan. That we talk about these things. When times are tough we're in it together."

You nodded but lowered your head, only for Jennie to caress your cheek to get you to look back at her.

"I'm not upset at you. If that's what you think... I need you to know that I'm not upset. I'm just saddened for you, baby. You don't deserve to go through these things. Have you talked to someone bout it?"

"Like who?"

"Anyone."

"I've only told you, Jen. This is college. I won't go telling my professors about it. I don't want that. Imagine if I did and they just told me to suck it up or to handle it or let it blow over. It'd be worse."