you're sick

The sound of your feet on the floor as you raced to the bathroom awoke Jennie from her light sleep. She was on her feet when she heard you throw up, running right into where you were.

She noticed the way your shirt was sticking to your skin from the sweat rolling down your body. She knelt behind you, pulling your hair back so you wouldn't get sick in it before she started to whisper words of encouragement into your ear.

"Oh, it's okay, y/n. Let it out, baby. I'm right here." She soothed, rubbing your back and shoulders until you stopped throwing up a few minutes later. You flushed the toilet with your shaky hands and then laid your head down on your forearm to catch your breath.

"Let me get you some water," Jennie whispered and got up to grab you some water. She held the cup for you as you took a few swigs. You leaned your head on her shoulder, feeling okay with her there to hold you.

"Still feeling sick?"

You shrugged. "Just a little."

Jennie nodded and let her hand move around your back in slow and soft circles. She pulled away so she could lay her hand on your forehead. "You definitely have a fever. Come on, baby. Let's get you back to bed."

She helped you stand up and walk to the sink. With her there to hold you up, you were able to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth out. She helped walk you back to bed and quickly got you a new shirt for you to change into.

Your eyes were so heavy from the exhaustion you felt that you didn't even have the strength to stop them from closing. While you started to fall asleep Jennie moved the empty trash can closer to your side of the bed and got you some cold water.

She also placed a cool cloth over your forehead, causing you to hum contently. "Thank you," you mumbled tiredly.

Jennie climbed into bed beside you and wrapped an arm around you loosely. "You're welcome, baby. How are you feeling? Sick at all?"

"Kinda. But my stomach hurts more than anything."

Jennie slid her hand under your shirt and began to rub your stomach. She kept her touch light and soft so you would only feel relief. "Good?" She wondered to which you cracked a small smile. "Yeah, it feels nice. Thank you."

She kissed your neck softly. "What else can I do, y/n?"

"Just keep doing this. Trust me, you're making me feel better already."

Jennie felt relieved to hear you say that because she hates seeing you so sick and miserable and whatever she can do to help you she's always willing to do in a heartbeat. "I'm glad to hear you say that, baby. Get some sleep. I'm here for you if you need me. I promise I'll take good care of you until you feel better."

"Thank you. I love you." You muttered as you began to fall asleep, grateful that you weren't alone in a time like this.

"I love you too," she kissed your warm cheek lovingly. "So much, y/n."