break up prank on you (requested)

You were surprised to find Jennie already sat on the sofa waiting for you when you arrived home. You noticed, right away, that she was fidgeting nervously with her fingers and you quickly noticed the frown on her face when she looked at you.

"Hey, baby. Everything okay?"

She held her hand out for you to take. You happily intertwined your fingers with hers and gave her hand a squeeze when you saw that it was shaking. You took a seat beside her. She seemed so.. nervous.

"Jennie? What's wrong?"

"I've just been doing a lot of thinking over the last few days." She breathed out a heavy sigh and pretended to think hard about how to say what was on her mind. "This is really hard for me to say, y/n."

"Jen, you know you can tell me anything." You said and heard her breath hitch in her throat when you placed your other hand on her thigh out of comfort, your touch making her heart beat a little faster.

"I think we should break up."

She heard the gasp fall from your lips and watched your once bright eyes turn dull.

"Why?"

She watched the tears well up in your eyes and she wanted to reach over and wipe them away. She wanted to catch them as they fell, pull you close, and tell you that everything was going to be just fine. But she couldn't break just yet.

"What did I do wrong?"

"You did nothing wrong." She said, trying to hide the way her heart practically shattered in her chest over your question. "It's not you, baby. It's me. It's my life and my job. There's so much happening right now, so many plans. It's going to become really chaotic and I can't guarantee that I'll be by your side much."

"I don't care!"

She was startled. You raised your voice when you said that. It wasn't intentional. You were afraid. She understood and she felt a little guilty for being the reason behind your tears. She understood how you felt when you were the one pulling this prank on her not long ago.

"I don't care about any of that, Jennie. I can handle it! You know I can. Look how long we've been together. Look at how much we've been through and how much we've overcome together. You know I can handle all of that and more. I wouldn't be happy to not see you often, but I'd make it through it because I love you more than anything and I'm happy just to have you, to be able to fall in love with you more and more each and every day."

She sighed sadly and knew, right then and there, that she couldn't continue on with this prank. You were starting to cry as she made you believe that you were about to lose her.

Before she could say anything, you threw your arms around her neck and crawled onto her lap. You hugged her tight and pleaded for her to never let go.

"Please, Jennie. All I want is you. I love you so much. I can't lose you. I need you!"

"Shh." She soothed and rubbed your back as she put her arms around you and held you tight. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

You sniffled and pulled away from her neck as she told you to look up at her. She cupped your cheeks, gazing at you with a look of adoration in her shiny eyes.

"I'm gonna tell you something."

You nodded, waiting impatiently, and curiously, to hear whatever she had to say.

"Gotcha!" She winked and wiped away your tears.

"What?"

"It was just a prank, baby."

"Jennie!" You groaned in frustration, scoffing and clenching your jaw.

"No, no," she spoke softly, cupping your cheek in her hand so she could get you to look back at her. "I was just getting back at you, my love. You started this. Remember?"

"You're mean." You pouted.

"Oh, come on, baby. You know I'll never really break up with you. As you said, we've been through a lot together. We only become stronger every day and we only continue to fall more in love with each other. No matter what happens, I know we can get through anything together."

"Yeah." You agreed and cracked a smile as she stroked your cheek and leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you so much. I'm sorry if I took things too far. You know how much you mean to me, right?"

"I know." You smiled and watched her eyes light up. "I love you too."

She pulled you in for a sweet kiss and pulled you a little closer to her, wishing she could stay with you in this moment forever.