slow dancing in the rain

You sat on the porch with a blanket over your shoulders and a mug of warm tea in your hands.

The rain was falling slowly. You could smell it in the air as you watched it fall. It made you feel calm and you were mesmerized by it.

You heard the door open and close. Jennie came outside and sat down beside you. She gazed at you lovingly and leaned her head on your shoulder. You leaned down and stole a sweet kiss from her lips.

"What are you doing out here, baby?"

You nodded toward the cloudy and grey sky. "Watching the rain. It makes me feel good. No matter how bad things feel or seem, something about the rain just calms me and washes away all of my worries."

Jennie brushed her fingers through your hair with a smile. She pulled her phone out as a thought suddenly crossed her mind. She pulled the blanket off of your shoulders and took the mug from your hand, gently placing it on the porch next to your leg.

You were about to ask her what she was doing but you heard 'tell me you love me' begin to play and when she stood and grabbed your hand, you knew her intentions and you didn't mind them at all.

You giggled when the first few drops of rain fell onto your hair and sweater. Jennie wrapped her arms around you and you laid your forehead on her chest.

The moment was intimate and romantic. Despite the pouring rain and your now soaked clothes, you were happier than you've felt in a while.

"This is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me." You muttered against her chest. You lifted your head and her forehead pressed against yours.

"I know how much you love the rain. What's better than a slow dance to a beautiful song with my beautiful girlfriend in the rain?"

"Nothing at all." You smiled then felt her lips touch yours. "Tell me you love me." You teased, but were also serious; you just love hearing the words fall from her lips.

"I love you. So much."

You pecked her cheek then put your head back down on her chest. "I love you too. Hey, Jennie?"

"Yes?"

"Can we do this more often?"

She giggled but nodded. "I'd love that."