the first time you stay the night

You felt Jennie brush a lock of hair behind your ear then brush her fingers along your cheek. Your eyes fluttered open, met with a beautiful yet tired smile from her. "Sleep well?" You nodded and sat up from her lap where you had fallen asleep. You looked out the window to find that it was dark.

You felt Jennie brushing her fingers along your shoulders. You wished you could stay longer, that you never had to leave her side. But you assumed that it was getting late and you should be heading home. "I should go."

"At this hour? Are you crazy? I'm not letting you go home this late." Jennie said and wrapped her arms around you to cling tighter to you.

"What time is it anyway?"

"Almost one in the morning."

Your eyes went wide as you gazed at her. She just shook her head with a smile. "I didn't wake you because I like it when you're here." She explained, brushing her hand along your cheek. "You should stay here with me tonight. Besides, it's supposed to storm soon. Stay here with me."

Staying the night with your girlfriend sounded wonderful. Plus, you didn't really like storms and you were too tired to even attempt to make it home. So, you just nodded and closed your eyes when she brushed her lips over yours, smiling against them before pulling away and taking your hand.

She led you up the stairs and you took a seat on the edge of her bed. She tossed you one of her long-sleeved shirts when she noticed the chill running down your shoulder blades. "I'm gonna go brush my teeth. Be back in a minute. Make yourself comfortable."

You nodded and shrugged your short-sleeved shirt off, tugging on the long-sleeved one instead. It smelled just like Jennie. It brought a big, bright smile to your face, despite the sleepiness you still felt. You heard the rain start to fall on the roof but it was actually a little soothing as you made yourself cozy under the blanket on the bed.

The door opened and you turned your head to see Jennie exiting her bathroom. She sent you a sweet smile and turned the light off before making her way to you. She climbed into bed next to you. Locking eyes, she was instantly pressing her lips onto yours to bring you in for a kiss.

"I love you so much. I'm so happy you stayed." She said then laid back and pulled you to her chest. You turned your head and you saw the photo on her bedside table. It was of the two of you. Something about her keeping it there, where she could see it before she fell asleep and right when she awoke, warmed your heart.

"Will you stay more often?" She asked as she rubbed your back.

"I'd absolutely love that." You replied. "I love you."

"Love you too, y/n." She kissed your head and turned off the light.

With your head on her chest you could hear each and every beat of her heart. You felt comforted by it, ancd by the touch of her hand from your shoulder blades and the small of your back. She started to hum softly in your ear and all you could think about was how much you adore her and how you couldn't wait for many more nights like these to come.