shut your mouth (requested)

"Have you had a good day, baby?" You asked Jennie as you watched her sip on her drink as you sat across from each other at the table in the cafe.

"Better than good. It's been amazing." She said as she put her hand over yours, intertwining your fingers together.

You stared at her adoringly, so happy that you'd been able to spend the day right by her side.

You treated her like the queen that she is from the moment you woke up.

You made her breakfast and turned on all of her favorite movies throughout the afternoon before you took her out to dinner at her favorite spot.

You went for a walk through the city, cherishing the beautiful night with your beautiful girl, before deciding to stop at this cafe that she likes.

You plan on heading home together after this but it's obvious that you're both taking your time and you're in no hurry to leave.

That seemed like a wonderful thing.

But it might not be as wonderful as you first thought since you weren't the only ones there.

While talking about whatever came to yours' and Jennie's minds, you overheard someone speaking nearby, mentioning your girlfriend's name.

"Is that Jennie Kim? From Blackpink?"

Upon hearing her name, Jennie turned around and looked back at the girl who said her name.

She sent her a big smile and gave her a friendly wave, showing her kindness and appreciation for what she thought was a fan.

But the girl just pretended to gag and her friends around her burst into laughter.

"Did you see her wave at me?" The girl said in a disgusted tone. "And her smile? Ew."

Jennie's heart dropped and so did her smile, making your own heart shatter.

"She's so ugly and weird."

"Hey!" You yelled, catching the attention of the snotty and disrespectful girl and her friends.

"Y/N?" Jennie mumbled.

"Why don't you keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say?" You asked and watched as the girl stood up. "She thought you were a fan. She was just trying to be nice to you. If you're not a fan, you could've just waved back at her or ignored her. There's no need for name calling."

"Sorry that you can't handle the truth about your girlfriend." The girl replied. "I actually am a fan but not of her. I don't like her."

"Why? Jealous that you're nowhere near as pretty or talented as my girlfriend? Is it bitterness? Or is all of the above? That seems pretty likely to me."

Jennie kept quiet but she was tempted to let the chuckles fall from her lips, though she didn't.

You were standing up for her, which she greatly appreciated.

"Jennie, let me just say-"

"No!" You interrupted the girl, angrily slamming your hands on the table as you stood up to stand in front of her. "You don't look at her or talk to her. Leave her alone!"

"Okay." The girl chuckled. "I don't have to look at her or hear her annoying voice? Sounds good to me."

Her friends burst into laughter while Jennie fought back tears, feeling down on herself.

Outraged by the audacity of this girl, you lost your temper and ended up punching her in the nose.

"Y/N, what are you doing!?" Jennie asked as she got up.

"You bitch!" The girl yelled and slapped you across the face.

But you were unbothered.

You didn't care about anything else but protecting your girlfriend.

"Shut up!" You yelled as you threw another punch.

Before you could do anything else, Jennie pulled you into her arms and held you back while the girl's friends held her back.

"Stop it! Calm down!" Jennie said as you struggled to escape her arms. "Let's get out of here."

Jennie grabbed your bag and hers before pulling you towards the exit.

She didn't want to walk home with you, afraid that the girls might follow you.

So you went a couple of blocks together before she called for an uber and you took that home.

She was quiet the whole way but you could feel her eyes on you as she looked at the bruise on your cheek.

When you got home, Jennie tipped the driver and went inside with you before slamming the door and helping you to the kitchen.

She grabbed some ice and wrapped it up in a towel before she sat down in front of you and held it against your cheek.

"Why the hell would you do that?" She asked.

"Because no one talks about my girl like that." You said as you clenched your jaw.

Not because you were angry at her or angry that you got smacked.

You were still angry with that girl who had no right to say what she had said about your girl.

"You know you would've done the same for me."

She sighed quietly because she didn't want to admit it but if someone said things like that to you, she absolutely would have.

"You're hurt."

"Not bad. This will go away in no time."

"What if she wanted to press charges? What if she called the police?"

"I think she's too much of a coward for that. Even if she did, she'd go down too. She hit me too."

Jennie carefully lowered her hand, taking the ice off of your cheek for a second.

"I'm not sorry for defending or protecting you. What she said wasn't okay and I was tired of hearing it. You deal with that on a daily basis and it's so unfair because you are the most amazing, most beautiful, most talented girl in the world. I hate that some people don't want to admit it. I hate that some people are so hateful. But I won't sit back and let people say those things to your face. I can't."

A small smile pulled at her lips.

She hated that you were hurt but she knew your intentions were good.

She knows how much you love and care for her.

She knows you'll always stand up for her, no matter what.

"Thank you." She said as she caressed your other cheek - the one that wasn't bruised. "I have to admit. It's sexy how badass you are."

You smirked at her before leaning in to peck her lips.

"I love you. Never forget that."

"I love you more." She said before pulling you in for a hug, hoping that this wouldn't happen again for a while, though she appreciated how you were there to stand up for her.