I'm sorry kisses

You tried to keep your eyes closed even as your thoughts continued to race. Lying in the empty bed, the hours dragged by, although you were trying hard not to look back at the clock again.

As a rush of cold air blew through the window you tried to roll into Jennie's arms, only to be reminded by the feeling of cold sheets that she wasn't there.

You opened your eyes yet again and rubbed your arms to try to warm yourself up. You felt tired and you wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. But every time you tried to, you felt a tug at your heart.

You could practically envision Jennie asleep in the spare room and it shattered your heart to think she was wide awake too when she had a busy morning ahead.

You laid down your pride, wishing that you'd done so hours ago. Maybe you'd be asleep by now if you had.

You sighed and pushed the blankets away before opening the door and tiptoeing down the hall to the spare room Jennie was in.

At first, when you opened the door and saw Jennie lying in bed you actually thought she was sleeping. She was still and quiet and she had her face buried in the pillows. But she lifted her head at your feet on the floor and the creak of the door when you pushed it open.

Neither of you really knew what to say at first. She sat up and stared at you. Thanks to the moonlight, you could see her face. But she looked tired and sad.

You walked slowly to the bed and wordlessly climbed inside.

"I need you to cuddle me." You whispered as she moved to the other end of the bed. She simply nodded her head and welcomed you into her arms. You were both quiet for a moment before you broke the uncomfortable silence.

"I'm sorry for getting frustrated earlier and for storming upstairs and banishing you to the spare room."

She put her head on your shoulder and giggled. "I'm sorry for forgetting about dinner tonight. I know you worked hard into making it and you've been looking forward to it. Things have been busy lately but I'll make it up to you; I swear it."

You just nodded your head with a small smile. "You can start by cuddling me. I've missed your cuddles and your touch."

She grinned and tangled her legs with yours before taking ahold of your hand to wrap her fingers around your hand.

"I love you lots. I've missed holding onto you." She whispered as she rolled over so she could lay a bunch of kisses to your cheek. You laughed and put your hands on her shoulders to try to push her away, but she refused.

Your laugh filled her ears, happiness filled her heart. The worries she'd previously had faded away as she brushed the tips of her fingers along your cheek.

She leaned in to give you a kiss and you happily kissed her back. You cherished the taste of her lips and the way they moved in sync with your own so perfectly.

"I'm sorry again." She whispered against your lips as she pulled away.

"I'm sorry too. But it's all behind us now. Let's sleep."

She nodded and kissed your forehead lovingly before she laid back down beside you. "I can sleep now that you're here in my arms again." She whispered softly as she brushed her fingers through your hair and you both closed your eyes.

"Me too. Sweet dreams, Jennie." You whispered quietly.

"Same to you, my sweet girl."