surprising her on tour on her birthday (requested)

"Jennie," Lisa knocked on the hotel room door once more, trying hard to plead with her to come out of there. "You haven't come out all day. Come on, we have so many things we want to do with you to celebrate your special day!"

Inside, Jennie stared at her phone in her lap. It's been locked for a bit and she hasn't taken her eyes off of it. She's waiting for you to call. It's two o'clock in the afternoon, you should've called by now and she's unsure if she's feeling sad or worried that you have yet to speak to her on her special day.

All she's heard from you so far has been a text that read, "Happy birthday, baby. Hope your day is as wonderful as you. Can't wait to see you and celebrate. I love you".

It was sweet, sure. But it wasn't enough. It was only words. She has yet to hear your voice. Some words through a text aren't enough for her when she's been away from you for so long.

"I'm not in the mood." She yelled back to Lisa, hoping she'd be left alone and she could either turn on a cheesy movie or sleep part of the day away.

But the door was opening with a spare key before she could even realize it and in walked Lisa. Arms folded over her chest and a sad look in her eyes.

"I know you're sad, but it's your birthday and you shouldn't sulk for the whole day." She said, nudging Jennie with her elbow, hoping it'd make her smile. "She probably had a long or rough night and she's sleeping in. I know y/n, she wouldn't forget such a special day."

Jennie bit the inside of her cheek, staring at her folded hands instead of her phone after her heart had sunk too deep in her chest.

Lisa was about to speak again when her phone chimed. Her eyes went wide when she saw the message from you saying that you had landed and were on your way to the little hall that the girls had managed to get for a day to throw her a party would be held.

"Jisoo, Rosé, and I have a huge surprise for you."

Jennie looked at her from the corner of her eye, curious at the mention of the word 'surprise'.

"But you have to trust me and come with me so I can take you to see it."

Jennie folded her arms, biting the inside of her cheek.

"You won't regret it. Trust me, you're gonna love it."

She let out a sigh and checked her phone once more, only to find nothing again. So, much to Lisa's relief, she agreed and gathered her things before heading out the door.

Lisa texted you back about how she managed to get Jennie out the door and they'd be arriving soon, which was perfect considering you were just arriving at the hall.

You grabbed your things from the trunk of the cab and you were just about to take it all in when Rose and Jisoo were running out the door to help you. But not before they gave you the biggest bear hug you've gotten in a long while.

"Y/n! We've missed you so much! It's good to see you again!" Rosé said, rubbing your back as she hugged you before pulling away to let Jisoo give you a hug while she started to collect your things and take them inside quickly; just in case Lisa and Jennie were to arrive at any second.

"Missed you too."

"Trust me, no one's missed you as much as Jennie has. She talks about you every chance she gets every day. It's really great that you were able to come to see her today. I know she's been sulking in the hotel room for a while."

You started to walk inside, checking your phone time and time again, saddened when you'd find more missed calls from Jennie.

You wanted to call her and talk to her, to try to ease her worries. But you know the minute you heard her voice you'd let the cat out of the bag. Too excited to see her again and, if she was sad, which you knew she had to be, you'd never be able to resist in giving it away to make her feel better.

You were suddenly quiet, overthinking about how sad she must feel.

But Jisoo was quick to place her hand on your shoulder and remind you that it wouldn't be much longer.

"Hey. You're only minutes from being back with her. Trust me, she will be over the moon when she sees you!"

You smiled at the thought. It was sweet to think about.

After all, it's been seven long weeks since you last saw each other face to face. You've missed her a lot. That's why you came here today! You couldn't handle the distance any longer and you could never not be with her on her birthday. It was too much to handle.

You looked around the room. It looked beautiful. All the flowers and the decorations all in her favorite colors. A cake on the table with her name and a sweet birthday message written on it. So many photos and so many special moments captured in the last year for her to look back on.

"She's gonna love it."

Rosé scoffed and patted your shoulder.

"She will. But we all know it's not gonna compare to you being here to surprise her."

You parted your lips, ready to speak. Only a honk of a car horn was heard and you all shared a look before rushing to hide.

You heard the door open and Jennie groan.

"Can I look now?"

Jisoo and Rosé quickly walked out and you heard Lisa tell her yes before the girls all yelled out 'surprise!", hoping to get a grin back in return.

"Well? Do you like it? We worked hard on setting it up for you!" Jisoo smiled.

"I love it. It's really amazing. I just... I wish y/n was here. I mean, I love this and I appreciate it but it feels weird to celebrate without her."

You tiptoed out, seeing that she was looking all around and not looking toward you.

But that was all about to change as you cleared your throat and she looked your way.

"You really think I wouldn't come out to see you on your birthday?"

She gasped in shock, frozen on her feet for a long minute before she ran to you and pulled you into her arms.

"I missed you! I can't believe that you're really here!"

You put your arms around her and started to rub her back as she put her forehead on your shoulder.

"Happy birthday, baby. I love you so much."

"I love you too!" She spoke happily.

"And I'm sorry I didn't call. I wanted to hear your voice and talk to you but I knew once I had you on the line that I'd cave and tell you because I was too excited."

She pulled away, cupping your cheek before gently laying her forehead onto yours.

"It's okay. It's all okay now. I'm just happy you're here!"

You stole a sweet kiss from her lips and your heart leaped in your chest upon seeing the sparkle in her eyes.

"Well." You said, taking her hand and leading her to where the girls were; at the cake, placing the candles on it, and lighting them up. "Make a wish, beautiful girl. It's your day. Make one that you really want to come true."

You gathered her long locks in your hands and she said, "A wish that I really want to come true?"

She looked at the girls and back at you then at the photos on the wall.

Pictures of her with her family, friends, up on stage. Photos of her that you took and some of you together. Photos of her and the girls that she'd cherish forever.

"I have everything I could ever want right here, right now." She said before closing her eyes to blow out the candles quickly.

"Love you. Happy birthday. I hope this is the best year for you yet." You spoke as you ran your fingers through her hair and kissed her neck lovingly, thankful to be here with her on her day and the next few to come.