she forgets your birthday

You felt butterflies in your chest as Jennie awoke you by peppering kisses across your face. You giggled and opened your eyes to meet her bright ones just before she leaned in to kiss the corners of your lips.

"Oh, you're awake! Good morning, sweet girl." She smiled and kissed your lips a few times. "I wanted to wake you and give you a kiss before I go." She said as she climbed off the bed and reached for her shoes that were across the floor.

"Go? Go where?' You asked as you sat up against the pillows. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and looked at the clock. It's eight am. It's officially your birthday. But it's not off to a great start now.

"To the studio." She said with a chuckle, looking at you with her eyebrows furrowed like you should already know this. "The girls and I have so much to get done. There's a comeback coming up soon and we have a lot to get done before then." She explained as she slipped on her shoes.

You lowered your head and stared at your fingers, which made Jennie even more confused.

"What is it?"

"I just thought you'd be here today. You always say that today is an important day..." you trailed off, hoping she'd get the hint. But all she did was shake her head.

"I have to go, y/n. I'm sorry." She said and kissed your head before heading to the door, only to turn around when you said,

"You don't even remember what today is? Do you?"

"Should I?"

You could feel your heart shatter in your chest, an ache so deep and so painful that a lump immediately formed in your throat.

"No."

She nodded before walking down the stairs, leaving you to cry all alone on the day she claimed was one of the most important to her. She sure showed that, didn't she?

You decided to at least go brush your teeth. As soon as you climbed out of bed, your do not disturb on your phone turned off and the messages from your friends and family came flooding in.

You heard the text tone you have set special for Lisa go off and you read it, finding a photo of her with Rosie and Jisoo beside her doing finger hearts as they wished you a happy birthday.

It was sweet and thoughtful. In fact, it even made you crack a smile. But it didn't last long. You were immediately reminded that your girlfriend's best friends can remember, but not her.

You typed out a 'thanks' before you turned your phone back on do not disturb, deciding that you didn't want to be bothered for the remainder of the day as you padded into the bathroom to brush your teeth, only to curl back up in bed and bury your face in your pillow as tears started to fall right after.

Meanwhile, Jennie had just arrived at the studio. She was humming along to 'stay' which was stuck in her head today, for some reason.

She made her way into the studio and expected to come face to face with her cheerful best friends, who were probably wanting to get a lot of the stuff planned for the day started.

But instead, the studio was empty. It was quiet and no one was inside.

She frowned and pulled her phone out from her pocket to call Rosie, who answered cheerfully.

"Hey!"

"Uh, hey," Jennie rolled her eyes as she looked around. "Where are you? We've got a lot to get done today!"

"What are you talking about?" Lisa asked as Rosé put her on speaker.

"Yeah, we're at my place, preparing for y/n's surprise party tonight. Where are you?"