she proposes (requested)

The kisses being peppered along your neck woke you from your peaceful slumber.

"Baby? Are you awake?" Jennie whispered in your ear, forehead falling onto yours and starry eyes locking with your tired ones. "I have something special for you."

"Really?" You asked excitedly, suddenly more awake now as you gazed up at your smiley girlfriend with bright eyes. "What is it?"

"It's a surprise. Why don't you go brush your teeth and then I'll give it to you."

You nodded and she went to climb out of bed to give you a moment to change, planning to meet you downstairs whenever you were done. But you caught her wrist in your hand before she even swung a leg over the bed.

She turned back and you moved in for a morning kiss; one that had her smiling against your lips.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, my love. Go brush your teeth! I'm getting antsy." She said while attempting to hide her nerves, like the shakiness of her breath and her hands.

She watched you rush into the bathroom and waited for the water to turn on before she left the room to go wait for you downstairs.

She's agonized over this moment. Over how to ask you this question that's been weighing on her mind for as long as she can remember. She's looked up ideas online, asked the girls for their input, and finally found a good idea.

Your favorite breakfast food was on the counter. With some doughnuts in the box that she had made for this beautiful morning, inside on the box in black and pink frosting read the four words she's been dying to ask you.

She was gonna take one last look, almost fully opening the box, only to hurriedly close it when she heard your feet on the stairs.

"I'm here!" You spoke happily and walked into her arms.

"And you look so pretty."

"I'm in my sweats." You laughed to which she simply shook her head at you and caressed your cheek with her shaky hand.

"You're still so beautiful. Perfect to me, my girl." She said before kissing your cheek lingeringly.

"So..." you dragged out the word as you looped your arms around her neck. "Where's the surprise?"

"Right here, baby girl." She said as she dragged the closed box closer to the edge of the counter. She bit down on her lip and forced a smile to disguise her nerves as you looked at her, a little confused. "Open it up! It's for you, after all, my love."

You did as she said, opening the box with the expectation of there simply being regular food inside.

But it was anything but ordinary. The writing on the box caught your eye first, then you noticed the treat cut into letters that spelled out 'Marry me?'

You looked back at Jennie in awe, finding her down on one knee in front of you. You gasped, tears gathered in your eyes as you stared at the love of your life.

She was shaking, staring up at you with a hopeful look in her eyes like she was afraid you'd say no despite how long you've hoped for this moment with her.

"Y/n," she paused and reached for your hand, which you happily accepted. "I can't imagine my life without you. There are a lot of ways I could be happy with the life I lead, but all I really need to be happy is you. I want to spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you make me every single day. So," she paused and opened the box to show the ring inside. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" You smiled as you dropped down onto your knees in front of you. "You know there's nothing I want more than to grow old with you, Jen."

You smiled through your tears, closing your eyes with a tearful chuckle as she reached up to wipe them away from your cheek.

She took your hand and slipped the ring onto your finger. You were speechless. It was the second most beautiful thing you've ever laid your eyes on; your fiancee being the first.

"I love you so much." She said before capturing your lips with hers, bringing you in for a loving kiss.

"I love you too, Jennie. I can't wait for you to be my wife." You mumbled as you hugged her tight, your face in the crook of her neck and your happy tears falling to her skin as she held you closer and tighter than ever before.

"Me neither, baby. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you by my side."