fidget (requested)

"Thank you for watching this with me, baby. I'm happy we finally have some time to see it together and I can finally hold you in my arms again." She smiled before pecking your lips and sitting back against the sofa.

You were excited too. It's been too long since you've gotten to spend some time together, so you were happy that the day had finally come for you to just be able to curl up to Jennie and relax at last.

She quickly threw her arm around you to pull you close as the movie started to play. Her other hand rested on your thigh, her fingertips softly running along your skin in circles as she laid a few kisses on your head.

The first few minutes of the film were fine. At first, you felt completely content in her embrace as you watched the movie together.

But it wasn't long until that all too familiar urge hit you. Your ADHD was beginning to act up, the need to get up and move around becoming quite intense instantly.

You did your very best to not let it show or get the best of you. After all, this was important to Jennie; to just sit back and hold you as you relax and do nothing at all.

You tried your best to ignore it. You watched the movie and tried so hard to focus on each and every scene, hoping that the need to fidget and move would start to ease.

But the urge only grew stronger. It was like your mind demanded you move and your body followed. You felt like you had no choice but to cave in.

You shifted around on the sofa a little, catching Jennie's attention.

"Are you okay, baby?" She asked as she tucked a lock of hair behind your ear and stared at you with those big brown eyes that you love so much.

"Yeah, fine. Don't worry."

She knows you better than that. She can tell when your ADHD is getting to you. But she didn't want to push you, so she kissed your head and then laid hers on yours as she stared back at the screen.

You tried your very hardest to stay still. You toyed with her fingers and tried so hard to get into the movie, hoping it'd distract you and you'd be able to focus for a few minutes.

But suppressing the urge to stay still was only making things worse. You found it was beginning to make you feel anxious. Your heart began to beat faster, your palms starting to sweat against Jennie's as she held your hand in hers.

You started to bounce your knee as your breathing became a little unsteady.

Right away, Jennie noticed and her attention was shifted towards you.

The movie you knew she wanted to see so badly suddenly became the last thing she cared about as she noticed how uncomfortable you were.

She put her hand on your knee and you stopped bouncing it, only to begin shaking your foot instead.

"I'm sorry, Jen. I swear, I tried to stay still but I can't. I need to move."

"That's okay." She spoke softly as she brushed her fingertips along your knee soothingly. "You do whatever you feel you need to do, I understand."

"You're sure? I don't want to ruin your morning. You were so excited to see this and just curl up together and I feel like I'm ruining that."

"No, baby, no. You're not ruining anything. While I am excited to see this movie, I'm just excited to see it because it's a way for us to spend time together. I know staying still is very difficult for you. I know how much your ADHD acts up. You know that's nothing to be ashamed of, especially not around me." She assured.

"Really?"

"Really, baby." She confirmed as that sweet smile tugged at her lips and her eyes shined as they stared into yours.

"You know I understand these things, or I try my very best to. Please don't resist the urge if it's too much. I don't want you to get anxious over it, Just do whatever you need to do. I'll sit right next to you and let you have a little room to do whatever you need."

You put your arms around her for a quick hug.

You felt so thankful to have found someone who understands your ADHD. Someone who cares very deeply, very genuinely. Who lets you be yourself and never judges you.

She held your hand and smiled to herself when she watched you bounce your knee. It was nice to see you beginning to calm down a little as you let yourself cave in to the urge to move. She knows it's only torturous for you to ignore it.

She let you do whatever you needed, whatever made you feel comfortable. Because that's all that matters to her. She'll help you in whatever way she can.

All you ever have to do is tell her how.