be okay (requested)

Jennie leaned her head back against the chair in the studio, happy to take a few minutes to relax after a busy few hours.

The day has been pretty hectic so far, but she's found a few minutes to rest. The girls all came out of the booth and plopped down in the chairs beside her.

The conversation they were sharing was quite loud, but not so loud that Jennie didn't miss the sound of your ringtone playing through her phone.

She smiled when she noticed it was you calling and she pressed her phone against her ear, expecting to hear your voice on the other end and after such a tiring few hours since she left your side early this morning, she was looking forward to it.

Only... it wasn't your voice she heard when she only one word had gotten out of her mouth.

"Hey, y-"

"Is this Jennie?"

Jennie frowned at the unfamiliar voice.

"Yeah. Who is this?"

"I'm a nurse and your girlfriend just arrived at the hospital."

Jennie's heart sank immediately, breath hitching in her throat and hands starting to tremble.

"W-What do you mean? Is she okay?" She spoke frantically, catching the attention of the girls beside her who froze upon seeing the look of shock and fear on her face.

"She had a heart attack."

The phone nearly slid out of her hand as both of them trembled in fear.

"She told me to call you upon arrival when we confirmed that she was having a heart attack. They had to take her back for a procedure and,"

Jennie didn't even allow the nurse to finish. She was blinking through the tears in her eyes and getting up from the chair in a panic before she said, "I'm on my way! Tell her that. Tell her I'm gonna be there!" She said in a rush before grabbing her things and trying to run out the door, only for Lisa to stop her by grabbing her hand.

"I have to go! Y/N had a heart attack! I need to get to the hospital now!" She said, panicked as she pulled out of her grip and ran out of the door and then the studio altogether.

She was able to get into a car pretty quickly and they drove her to the nearest hospital where you were at.

Her knees almost gave out on her when she arrived. Pulling up to the door, she got out of the car as quickly as she could and ran inside.

She raced to the desk, breathless and panicky. She swallowed thickly and tried to find the right words to say but it was difficult because of all the anxious thoughts running through her brain.

"My girlfriend, Y/N, one of the nurses called and told me she was having a heart attack and I came here as fast as I could! Please tell me she's okay! Please..." She pleaded as the tears started to well up in her eyes once more, this time much more difficult to ignore.

"Last I heard she was going back for an emergency procedure and I haven't heard anything since and if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you. I'm really sorry but if you'll just have a seat over there in the waiting area, a doctor will be out shortly to fill you in on any questions you may have."

She wanted to argue. She wanted all the answers she needed right this second because she needed to know you were alright; because she needed you.

But she knew picking a fight wouldn't be the greatest idea and she knew that if the nurse was able to, she probably would tell her everything she was dying to hear.