I never would've imagined (requested)

"Good morning, Jennie!" Lisa greeted as she and the girls walked through Jennie's front door.

"Morning," Jennie said before yawning.

"We brought breakfast!" Rosé excitedly said, holding the bag of food up for Jennie to see.

"We figured since we don't have to go into the studio or practice today, we could just chill and enjoy some time together," Jisoo said.

"That sounds really nice," Jennie said as a smile pulled at her lips into a smile.

"Oh and we grabbed your mail on the way in. You got this." Lisa said as she handed Jennie an envelope.

Jennie wasn't expecting anything so she was a little hesitant to open it.

But when she saw the name scribbled up at the top, where the sender's name and address go, her heart fluttered.

"Someone's smiling." Rosie pointed out. "Is it from someone special?"

"It's from Y/N!" Jennie said.

The girls were all really surprised at the mention of your name because you and Jennie split up a year or so ago and you haven't spoken to her much since then.

It's not that you didn't want to. You just don't know what to say.

Things just didn't work out, although you both wanted them to.

Busy schedules got in the way and with the public finding out about your relationship, the hate and death threats had been intense and it was hard on you.

So you both agreed to call things off, secretly hoping that you'd find your way back to each other and fate would have a change of heart and it would work out that time.

So seeing an envelope from you to her made her heart leap and she couldn't deny that she felt excited to see what was inside.

"Oh, what is it?" Jisoo curiously asked as she watched Jennie tear the paper apart.

But to her disappointment, it wasn't anything she expected.

It was more of the opposite, actually.

"Jennie? What's the matter?" Lisa asked as she saw Jennie's smile fall.

Jennie's eyes filled with tears as she read the inside of the card.

"What is it? Is Y/N okay?" Rosé asked.

"Dear Jennie, I know it's been a while since we've spoken but I hope you get this and I hope that you and the girls will accept this invitation to my wedding."

"Wedding?" Lisa gasped.

"I'd love to have the four of you come, especially you." Jennie finished reading before putting the card on the counter.

"I didn't know she was even with someone," Jisoo said.

"That's shocking," Lisa spoke quietly as it dawned on them that you were getting married.

And then it sank in.

You're getting married.

And all this time, they thought things would work out between you and Jennie somehow.

But now, it looks like that'll never happen.

"Jennie, are you alright?" Rosie asked and they all watched Jennie shake her head.

"Oh, Jen," Lisa said in sadness before she threw her arms around her friend as Jennie sniffled.

"I always thought about this," Jennie mumbled. "I thought about the day she'd get married. But I never would've imagined that she'd marry someone else. I always imagined she'd walk down that aisle to me... not someone else."

Jisoo and Rosé shared a sad expression before joining in on the hug.

"We're so sorry," Rosie said as Jennie began to cry as it sank in that you had moved on.

All this time, she's held out a little hope that you'd get back together somehow.

But now she knows that will never happen.

You're getting married. To someone else. Someone that isn't her.

And that crushed her.