I love you - part one (requested)

Decided to split this request into two parts!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Your heart began to race when you heard the knock on your front door.

You didn't have to take a guess as to who it could be, because you called Jennie a little while ago and asked if she could come over, because you really need to talk with her about something.

You got up and walked to the door, trying your hardest not to fall as your knees shook from the intense nerves you felt.

You opened up the door after taking a deep breath and you felt like you almost couldn't breathe when you saw her face. She looked so cute that it took your breath away.

But she's been doing that a lot lately; taking your breath away with every glance you steal, because she's just that beautiful.

"Come in," you smiled and stepped aside for her to come in.

She nodded and walked into your cozy home with a small smile on her face.

She could feel your eyes on her with every step she took.

Your hands shook as you closed the front door. You knew this was going to be hard for you to say.

You've been friends for several months now and she's had your heart from the moment your eyes met.

She has no idea, though. You've never confessed.

You haven't told anyone but the girls that you're crazy about her.

But after some encouragement from them and realizing that you're so head over heels for her that you can't hide your feelings for her any longer, you've decided to tell her how you truly feel for her today.

That's why you called her over.

You have to get it off your chest.

"You said you have something important to talk to me about?"

You nodded and sat down next to her on the sofa.

"Yeah. I've been wanting to talk to you about this from the day we met, but I've been too afraid."

"Afraid? Why?" She chuckled nervously.

"Because I didn't want to say what I'm about to say and ruin our friendship. But I can't keep it to myself any longer."

She swallowed thickly.

She knew where this was heading.

"Look, Jennie, this is hard for me to say."

"Just say it."

You nodded and reached for her hand.

She let you hold it, but she was close to pulling away.

"From the moment we met, I knew there was something special about you. You're so beautiful and you've made me fall head over heels for you faster than I ever have with anyone before. It's been several months since we met and that feeling has only intensified for me. I need you to know how I feel about you, because I can't keep it from you anymore, it's just too strong. But... Jen, I love you."

She sighed and pulled her hand out of your grip, causing your heart to sink.

"Jennie?"

"Yeah, I heard you." She spoke quietly.

"Okay..."

She buried her face in her hands, sank her teeth into her lip as heavy sighs fell from them.

"I really do love you, Jennie. I've seen the way you look at me and the girls have been saying that they think you feel the same about me as I do for you."

"Well, they're wrong."

It hurt her to say it, but she could see by the look in your eyes that it hurt you the most to hear it.

As soon as she saw the tears in your eyes, she felt this need to take you into her arms to tell you everything was going to be okay.

She felt that she needed to comfort you and make it better somehow, to tell you that she didn't mean that.

But she did.... didn't she?

She kept asking herself that for a few straight seconds.

No. You're her best friend. She can't feel that way for you.

She can't love you...

Can she?

She shook her head clear of those thoughts and stared at you.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I just don't feel that way about you."

Why did those words hurt her so much to say?

She couldn't mess up what you had. She wouldn't risk such a thing by falling in love with you.

But she knows deep down that it's not all true.

She just tried to convince herself it was because she's not sure how she feels about you exactly.

"Look, y/n,"

"Don't." You mumbled. "Please go."

"No, y/n, don't do this. Look, we can still be friends."

Friends?

Why did it not feel right to her?

"I don't want to be friends. Not right now. I need space. Please, leave." You cried and refused to look her in the eyes.

She nodded and wordlessly walked out the door, feeling a stab in her heart when she heard you sob just before the door was all the way closed.

As soon as it was closed, it hit her.

She might've just messed up the greatest thing to ever happen to her, all because she hasn't truly listened to her heart yet.

But as she walked to her car, something inside her told her to turn around.

She felt something much stronger for you than what a friend should.

She just wondered... did she realize it too late?