break up prank (requested)

"Hey!" Jennie said gleefully, giving you the biggest and brightest smile as she walked through the door. "I'm off early, which means we have the rest of the day to spend together!"

She thought you'd jump up and embrace her in your arms or she'd see your eyes light up the way they usually do when she gets off early. But you sat on the sofa, hands in your lap while fidgeting with your fingers awkwardly.

"Jen, we need to talk."

"Oh, boy. That doesn't sound good." She kicked off her shoes and set her things down before falling onto the sofa beside you. She looked into your eyes and the look of sadness they held made her nervous.

"Okay." She chuckled nervously. "Why do I feel like you're gonna tell me we should break up or something?"

She was only trying to crack a joke to ease her nerves, but the way you bit your lip and looked down at your hands made it all sink in.

"Y-You're not serious. Why?"

"I just don't feel like things are working out,"

"Working out?" She asked, voice growing louder. "What on earth are you talking about? We were just talking about you moving in the other day! If you felt like things weren't working out why'd you jump on board with that idea?"

You just sighed and shook your head.

"Tell me why."

"Jennie, I just need some time away."

You stood up and walked to the other part of the room and Jennie's vision began to blur from the tears welling up in her eyes when she saw you dragging your suitcase behind her.

"You can't go!" She whimpered and ran to you. She threw her arms around you so tightly, so suddenly that the handle just fell out of your hand and the suitcase fell onto the floor. "There's no way I'm letting you go. You're everything in the world to me, y/n. I can't lose you!"

She took in a shaky breath and pulled away from the hug to look at you with teary eyes.

"Tell me what needs to be done. Tell me what I need to do to make you stay. I'll do it, I'll do anything. Just... don't leave me."

Her bottom lip was trembling, much like her hands were when you reached out to hold them in yours.

"Oh, Jennie."

You dropped her hands and threw your arms around her. You started to feel close to tears yourself. Knowing she was so torn apart and because of you was too much for you to bear.

"I'm not leaving you, baby. Not now, not ever."

"But..." She whispered, cheek falling to your shoulder. "Your bags are packed."

"They're empty! It's just a prank."

"A prank?" She pulled away quickly, anger burning in her eyes. "Are you serious?"

"In my defense, it wasn't my idea."

"Like that makes it any better?" She folded her arms over her chest, scoffing and turning around to walk out of the room and up the stairs. But you put your arms around her and hugged her from behind, refusing to let go.

You started to tickle her sides.

"Don't!" She whined, trying to hide the laughter starting to escape from her lips. "I'm very mad at you! Leave me alone." She pouted as you turned her around and looped your arms around her neck. "You hurt my feelings."

"I'm sorry, Jennie." You whispered and buried your face in her neck to pepper kisses across her skin. "That was not funny of me to do. I'm so sorry. I'll never do it again."

"Better not." She spoke and started to tickle your sides, making you laugh. "I love you so much. Please don't ever scare me like that again." She spoke softly as her eyes locked with yours. "I don't ever want you to leave. I'm scared you will one day..."

"Never." You assured her and cupped her cheeks. "I love you too much to ever do such a thing. You're my whole world. Nothing will ever change that."

She nodded slowly, leaning in to steal a few kisses from your lips before pulling away and dropping her head to your shoulder. She held onto you tightly, refusing to let go.