calling my girlfriend a friend prank (requested)

Jennie brushed her fingers along your back as you lay in her arms, your head resting comfortably on her chest as every beat of her heart fills your ear and makes yours skip a beat.

It's almost ten am and you have yet to leave the bed.

Although you have plans to as Jennie has promised you food at a delicious place in town and a day of fun together, you've felt too warm and cozy to get up and leave the covers just yet.

And as much as Jennie feels the same, she knows it's about time you need to, so you can get up and get ready for the day ahead.

With a kiss on your forehead, she started to get up, much to your dismay.

"Come on, cutie. We'll cuddle later but for now, we need to get up." She promised as she sent you that stunning gummy smile before getting out of bed, pulling the covers off of the bed.

You whined and she tried to pull you out of bed, her hands tugging at yours.

But your phone began to ring, cutting off the laughter you were both sharing.

You dropped her hands so you could reach for it.

"Who is it, baby girl?"

"One of my friends from work." You said before answering the call. "Hello?"

Jennie decided to get ready and leave you be for a couple of minutes, so you could talk with your friend for a bit.

She went to the closet and started to look for something to wear for the day when she suddenly heard something that caught her attention.

"What am I going to do on my day off?" You repeated the question, biting your lip to keep yourself from smiling as you stared at Jennie from across the room. "Nothing much, really. I'm just going to hang out with a friend, that's all."

She turned around faster than you've ever seen before. Her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion, the smile that was once on her face now upside down in a frown.

"What'd you just say?" Jennie asked as she walked to you, sitting on the edge of the bed in front of you. "Did you just call me what I think you just called me?"

"Hang on, my friend is asking me something." You told your friend on the phone before giving Jennie your attention. "Yes, Jen?"

She clenched her jaw and looked away from you, refusing to look into your eyes.

"Babe?"

"Don't babe me when you tell the new friends you make that I'm just your friend." She grumbled as she continued to look at the walls and the ceiling.

"I'll call you later." You said before hanging up your phone. "Jennie, I'm sorry. Please look at me."

"No."

"Please, baby?"

She sighed heavily before looking at you, folding her arms over her chest as she did so.

"I was just messing with you." You explained and she tried to pull away as you tried to pull her closer.

"It's not cool, y/n. It actually kinda hurt my feelings." She pouted. "I love you so much. I don't want your friend to think we're just friends when we stay up at night most nights and talk about spending the rest of our lives together."

"Jennie, everyone knows that you're not my friend. Basically, the entire world." You reminded her and she cracked a small smile. "I was only pranking you. Trust me, the girl I was just on the phone with knows we're dating. I just wanted to mess with you a bit."

"You're mean!" She said and you kissed her lips to make her pout turn into a big, bright smile. "But I love you."

"And I love you, beautiful." You smiled as you brushed your fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry if I took things too far or hurt your feelings. But you have no reason to worry. Trust me, my love, you're the love of my life. I tell everyone about how lucky and how in love with you I am. You have no reason to worry. I promise. I'm yours, only yours."

"I love you." She said as she brushed her nose against yours. "Now c'mon, back under the covers."

"But what about going out?"

"We'll get takeout in a bit. You owe me cuddles after that mean prank." She said as she slipped back under the covers, waiting for you to join her as she thought of a different way of spending your day off together.

And when you were back in her arms, your head resting on her shoulder, she leaned down and pushed her lips onto yours for a few passionate kisses; each one only making you both crave and anticipate the next one you'd share more than the last.