sneaking in (requested)

Jennie held her breath as she slowly and quietly closed the window of your dorm room.

She closed the curtains so you wouldn't be bothered by the moonlight.

It's late, nearing two in the morning, and she knows after the day you had you've got to be in a deep sleep now.

She didn't want to wake you. At least, not yet.

So she tried to be as quiet and as careful as she possibly could.

But that was a little easier said than done as she walked through your room and had to be careful not to step or trip on anything you might have on the floor.

She soon began to tiptoe to your bed and finally, she reached it.

She breathed out a sigh of relief and then quietly took her shoes off before she crawled under the covers with you.

She wanted to get here much sooner than this but she's been busy since early this morning and just finished everything she had to do today an hour or so ago.

It felt like time had just dragged on today.

She was completely exhausted and felt very stressed.

Her day was, honestly, terrible; one of the worst she's had in a long while.

That's one of the reasons why she snuck in so late tonight.

Because until now, she didn't have the chance to see you and she needs cuddles from you more than she ever has before.

She curled up with you and put her arms around you to hold you tight.

But as she did so, her hand fell to your back, and your eyes flew open at the feeling.

At first, you had no idea that it was her.

The only thing you knew was it was late and dark and someone was in your bed.

You almost screamed but Jennie felt you jump and was quick to shush you before you made a sound.

"Shh. Baby, it's just me."

"Jennie?" You mumbled sleepily and turned over to face her. "What are you doing here? How did you get into my dorm room?"

"I snuck in through your window." She said.

"You climbed all the way up here?"

"Yeah." She answered as she tangled her legs with yours.

"I don't think you've ever done that before. Are you alright? Not that I'm complaining but it's after two am. Why are you here?"

"I had a very bad day." She sighed as you began to brush your fingertips across her skin. "It was just awful. One of the worst I've had in quite some time. I'm exhausted and I'm so stressed out and I just need some cuddles."

"Oh, Jen," you cooed and curled up as close as you could, holding onto her tightly. "I'm so sorry to hear that. I know things have been hard for you lately. I'm more than happy to give you all the cuddles you want."

"Thank you." She spoke softly as she kissed your head.

"Do you want to talk about it? You can tell me anything you want to get off your chest. I'll listen to every word."

"I know you will, my love. But no. I'd rather just hold you. I want to try and forget about the entire day if I can and just hope that tomorrow is better."

"Baby, I'm sure it will be." You said as you played with her hair. "You deserve the world. I have hope that tomorrow will be a much better day. You deserve it."

"Thank you." She said and for the first time all day, she cracked a real and genuine smile.

"Are you warm? Have some of my blanket." You said and covered her up with your blanket, letting her have as much of it as she wanted. "The day is over, baby. You're okay now. You're here with me. I've got you."

Your words were so sweet and so comforting and they helped to make her feel so much better.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." She softly spoke as she brushed her fingers across your back. "I don't know what I'd ever do without you. You're so sweet and I'm just so in love with you."

"Jennie, I'm so in love with you. You don't ever have to wonder what you'd ever do without me because I'm not going anywhere. Not ever. I promise."

She closed her eyes and let out a long sigh. Sometimes, those worries creep into her brain.

She just needs you to remind her that you're never leaving.

Because you know she isn't ever either.

"I know it was a bad day but you don't have to worry about a thing anymore. It's all over. It's just us now. I'll cuddle you until the sun comes up. I won't let go."

She smiled for a few seconds, until you put your lips on hers and gave her a sweet kiss.

"Get some rest. I love you, angel."

"I love you more, sweet girl." She said and held you tighter as you put your head on her chest and closed your eyes, drifting off to sleep together.