let me take care of you (requested)

The sound of your phone ringing awoke you from your peaceful slumber. You recognized it as your ringtone for Jennie; the one that almost always brings a smile to your face when you hear it. Today, however, was a rare exception. It was hard to smile when you felt so miserable.

You hardly had the energy to reach for your phone and by the time you did, it stopped ringing. You put it down beside you to be sure that it was close in case it rang again, before you wrapped the blanket tighter around yourself and adjusted your head on the pillow, curled up comfortably on the sofa in hopes that you could just sleep the day, or the next few days, away.

But a knock on the door sounded only a minute later, making you jump awake.

"Y/n? Are you okay? You haven't been answering my calls. I know you're home, your car is in the driveway." You heard Jennie say outside the door and, on your weak and unsteady legs, you stood and walked to the door.

"Jennie, I'm alright. Just not feeling that great today. I'm just trying to rest."

"What? You're sick?! Let me in!"

You saw her twisting the knob and you resisted the urge to open it... until she said,

"Fine. I know where you keep your spare key, I'll just let myself in."

You opened the door quickly and heard Jennie chuckle right away. She held the spare key in her hand, twirling it around her index finger with a coy smile. But it faded when she saw your face.

Your nose was red and your eyes were bloodshot and watery. You coughed into your elbow and her hand instantly fell to your forehead.

"I don't have a fever."

"Yeah, I can tell. Thank gosh," she said with a small chuckle, trying to lighten the mood and ease her own worries. "Are you okay? Do I need to take you to see a doctor?"

"No, I'm alright. Or, I will be, soon. It's only allergies. It's that time of the year."

She let out a sad sigh as she caressed your cheek lovingly. "Let me in. I'll take care of you,"

"No!" You said, pushing at her shoulders, making her frown. "Jennie, it's nothing personal, I promise. It's just... I don't want you to see me this way."

"Y/n, I'm gonna have to sooner or later." She teased and poked your ribs lightly with a smile. "You're my girl. I know we've only been together a few months but I'm crazy about you and I want to be here for you. I don't want you to be alone during this time." She took your hand into hers and brought it to her lips for a kiss. "Let me take care of you."

It was hard to resist when she was saying such sweet things and giving you those sad eyes and that pout that's absolutely impossible to resist.

"I'd like that."

She wrapped her arm around you and closed the door behind her as she stepped inside. She kicked off her shoes and frowned when she heard you sneeze.

"Bless you,"

"Thank-" You were interrupted by a sneeze, then another, and another.

"Oh, bless you!" She giggled, pulling you into her arms for a comforting hug. "My poor baby. What do you need? Maybe some soup? Or some water?"

"Some water, I guess. I'm out," you nodded to your empty glass, only cubes of ice in there now. "I'll let you know when I get hungry."

She nodded and waited for you to sit down before she went into the kitchen to refill your glass. She brought it back to you, watching as you sipped it down slowly.

"I don't look horrible, do I? I really don't want you to see me like this."

"Honey," she said softly and sat beside you, taking your hand into hers. "You couldn't ever look horrible. You look adorable, even with your little red nose." She said, playfully booping the tip of your red nose with a cheerful giggle. "I care about you. Let me take care of you for a while, okay? The girls and I have a few days off, anyway. I don't have anything going on for a few days so being here with you, taking care of you, sounds like the best way to spend them."

"Okay." You agreed.

You couldn't tell her no, even if you wanted to. The butterflies in your chest and the warm feeling in your heart were impossible to ignore.

"Now? What does my girl need? Are you hungry? Are you cozy enough on the sofa? Do you need me to take your stuff upstairs and help you get comfortable there?"

"Jennie!" You giggled, squeezing her hands. "I'm perfectly comfortable right here." You patted the cushion beneath you and she nodded, staring down at your intertwined hands. "But, I could use some cuddles."

Her head lifted and her eyes lit up upon hearing that.

"Happily!"

You got cozy on the sofa, patting the spot behind you and she happily crawled into it. She wrapped her arms around you and laid her cheek on your shoulder. She made sure the blanket was wrapped around you securely.

"There. How's that?"

"Even better than before. I love you. Thanks for being here for me and for taking care of me."

"I love you too." She whispered and began to brush her fingers along your back. "Now try to sleep. I'm right here if you need anything at all. I'll get it for you; whatever you need."

You cracked a smile as you closed your eyes, drifting off to sleep to her soft touch and the feeling of her lips peppering kisses all across your shoulders.