I didn't mean it (requested)

Arriving home to find Jennie on the sofa and some of her bags packed on the floor was not what you expected.

Her head was hanging down as she bit at her lip and impatiently waited for you to get home.

When you closed the front door behind you, her head quickly turned and your heart sank a little when you noticed the sparkle in those beautiful brown eyes wasn't there.

"Hey, Jennie. Everything okay?"

"I don't know." She spoke quietly, making you frown. "Can you come sit with me? I think we need to talk."

"Well, that doesn't sound very good." You joked but she didn't smile or laugh as she usually would.

She stayed quiet and stayed looking awfully sad.

You sat down next to her and she put her hand over yours with a sad sigh.

"This is hard for me to say but I know it needs to be said so I'm just going to come right out and tell you what's going on."

"Okay. I'm listening." You assured with a smile, your thumb brushing across her palm.

"We need to break up."

At first, your heart sank deep in your chest.

The fear of losing Jennie is always something that lingers in the back of your brain.

But she constantly reassures you that it'll never happen, that there'll never come a day that she decided to walk away when you're the best thing that has ever happened to her.

That's what made you stop and wonder if she was being honest with you.

Or was she maybe trying to get back at you for that time you pulled the break-up prank on her?

This just seemed so out of character for your girlfriend. She always tells you how deeply in love with you she is and how you're all she wants for the rest of her life.

It just didn't add up.

So, you decided to go along with it.

"Y/N? Please say something." She whispered and squeezed your hand, encouraging you to talk.

"You want to break up?" You asked as if wondering if you heard her correctly.

"Yeah. I think it's best for us  right now."

"Oh. Alright."

Jennie was blown away by your reaction.

When your eyes met, there were no tears in your eyes and you didn't seem to feel sad whatsoever.

"What?"

"I said alright. If that's what you need, then okay. I'll go upstairs and pack my things and I can be out in a little while."

"Wait, no!" She said, beginning to feel overwhelmed by the thought of actually losing you. "You can't do that."

"Jennie, I'm just trying to make things easier."

"You don't seem to be upset about this whatsoever!" She spoke in disbelief. "I don't understand."

"It's okay, Jen. Everything will be alright." You soothed as you rubbed her back.

"No, it won't! I didn't want things to end this way. I don't actually want to break up. I was just pranking you. I didn't mean it!"

You shook your head at her, as if you couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"You're so okay with it. You actually want to break up, don't you?"

"Jennie," you said and took her hands into yours. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Okay." She mumbled quietly.

"I got you!"

She stared at you in shock and pulled her hands away from yours.

"I had a feeling that you were pranking me and that you actually weren't being serious. So, I decided to go along with it just to see what you'd do. Gotcha, baby!"

"That's mean!" She scoffed.

"You started it." You said as you folded your arms over your chest. "Don't worry, Jennie. I don't actually want to break up with you. I never would. I love you too much."

"Good. Because I love you lots and I don't want to lose you. Not ever."

"You won't." You said as you cupped her cheek and gave her a quick kiss. "Not ever, my love."

She grinned and pulled you in for another kiss, relieved that everything was okay between you again.