ignoring prank (requested)

You could sense the happiness in your girlfriend's as she called out for you downstairs, followed by the sound of her hurried footsteps trailing up the stairs and down the hall until she reached your shared bedroom.

"There you are!" She smiled, her eyes filled with stars as she padded over to you and fell on the bed with you. She threw her arms around you, humming as her cheek fell onto your shoulder and the smell of your body wash filled her lungs. "I've missed you today!"

Usually, you'd repeat the words back to her and bring her into the comfort of your arms. But today, you were acting off. Not only were you staring straight ahead at the tv and refusing to look at her, but you were very quiet. It's not like you to be so quiet.

"Are you okay?"

You didn't say a word and simply flipped through the channels until you stumbled upon some boring reality show. But it distracted you enough and helped you keep up the act of pretending to ignore her.

"Hey," she whispered and ran her fingers along your arm. "You're acting weird. Why won't you talk to me?"

You picked up your phone and scrolled through Instagram while turning the volume up on the tv.

"I-I don't understand. Did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me? What'd I do?"

As the silence continued to linger in the air, her heart sank deeper in her chest. She hated this. You've never been so quiet and you've ignored her before. If she did something wrong, something that hurt you, she'd much rather hear you talk to her about it than to close off and ignore her.

But, as the minutes ticked by and you continued to stay silent and block her out in any way you could, it all sank in.

"Y/n," she mumbled sadly as she took your hand. Her eyes were blurry from the tears swimming in them, her voice cracked and her fingers were shaky as they intertwined with yours. "Please talk to me. I miss your pretty voice..." she paused, sniffling. "If I did something wrong please just tell me! I'll do whatever you want me to in order to make it better. But it hurts me knowing you're not speaking to me."

As soon as she stopped speaking, a sob fell from her lips. You couldn't keep the prank up. Not if it meant seeing her in tears.

You dropped the act and pulled her into your arms. She tightened them around you to the point where your air was almost constricted, but she was scared you'd let go of her and she refused to let it happen.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled as she buried her face in your neck. "I don't know what I did but-"

"You did nothing wrong." You whispered as you buried your lips in her hair, kissing the crown of her head repeatedly and comfortingly. "It was just a prank."

She tensed up in your arms, but to your surprise, she didn't let go. She still held you tight.

"A really stupid one." You added and she chuckled. "I shouldn't have done it and I'm sorry. But I promise you that everything is fine and I'm not mad at you. But, I understand if you're mad at me."

"I'm not." She sniffled as she pulled back to look into your eyes. "Just don't do it again. Your voice is so pretty and I love you."

You kissed her softly and brought her in for another hug.

"If you do it again, I'll have to tickle you." She warned playfully.

"That's fair." You laughed. "I love you."

"I love you more, y/n." She smiled and hooked her fingers under your chin to kiss you again and again.