I'll protect you (requested)

Jennie took your hand into hers from across the table, making you lift your head and shift your gaze from the menu you stared down at and over to your beautiful girlfriend instead.

The look in her eyes melted her heart, that sweet smile you adore so much tugged at her lips.

"I'm so happy to be able to do this tonight. I missed our date nights." She smiled and you did the same as she kissed your hand.

"Me too. Thank you for bringing me here. It's so romantic and everything looks so good."

She giggled before staring down at her own menu. But she kept her hand wrapped in yours, not wanting to let it go for even a second.

Even though you've only been together for a couple of months, your relationship is quite serious already. Of course, you're not rushing into anything. But Jennie has a way of making you feel different from your past relationships.

There's this happiness she constantly brings you, managing to make even your worst days better. She understands you, she always hears you out, she makes you feel worthy and beautiful.

It was a breath of fresh air for you, a major difference from your last relationship, and that was much needed.

You decided on what you wanted and looked up from your menu to see if Jennie had decided on her meal yet.

She was still looking, her big brown eyes shifting from side to side as she thought very carefully about what she wanted. Everything sounded amazing, it was so hard to make a choice.

You heard footsteps approaching your table and you thought it was the waitress. You planned to tell her that you weren't quite ready yet, the words right on the tip of your tongue. But it wasn't the waitress.

Your heart sank and you started to tremble from fear as soon as you saw his face.

Your ex-boyfriend.

You escaped him months ago, but you've always feared he'd find you.

You were terrified, this rush of fear flooding over you. It was too familiar for you. You lived every day when you were with him spent in fear.

"Jennie?"

The tone of your voice caught her attention instantly.

"We need to leave."

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Of course, if you were fearful or uncomfortable, she'd take your hand and lead you out the door in a heartbeat.

But she couldn't think of what could possibly leave you so terrified in a place like his and honestly, it scared her.

"What is it, baby?" She asked and squeezed your hand comfortingly as you started to breathe unevenly.

"There you are," she heard an unfamiliar voice say from next to you.

She turned her head and stared at the tall man by your table. He was staring you down and Jennie felt extremely concerned for you and very uncomfortable when she saw that evil smile on his face.

"Nice to see you again, y/n."

"Y/N?" Jennie whispered softly, feeling her heart pound when she saw the look of fear in your eyes. "Who's this?"

"I'm her boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." You corrected, trying to find the courage in yourself to get him to leave you alone.

But he just laughed and that indescribable fear you felt returned and any ounce of courage you once felt was gone completely.

"I don't think so." He said sternly and licked his lips before he grabbed your wrist.