"you forgot" (requested)

"Y/N," Jennie called out as she looked around the house for you. "Baby, where are you?"

The house was unusually quiet and dark.

It's only a little after nine o'clock.

The sun has gone down and although she just got home, you're usually awake and downstairs at this hour.

She was confused and a little concerned.

She went into the kitchen, your name falling from her lips once again as she looked around for you and any sign of recent activity from you.

To her surprise, she spotted a piece of paper on the otherwise empty countertop.

When she grabbed it, she realized that it was a note that you had written and addressed to her.

She read it aloud,

"I didn't imagine this day turning out like this. You being busy despite promising to spend the day with me. I know you forgot but it was my birthday today and it looks like I'm spending it alone. I'm sad and disappointed. I'm upstairs in our room. Whenever you see this, don't bother me. I need some space."

Her heart dropped and a few curse words fell from her lips as she realized that she had completely forgotten about your birthday.

She spent it at a photo shoot, one that she decided to have done today because she'd completely lost track of her days and wanted to get this particular shoot done with.

But she should've known. She should've realized.

Why didn't she?

She felt like the worst girlfriend in the world.

She knew that you said you needed space and didn't want her to bother you but she needed to let you know how bad she felt about this entire situation.

So she rushed upstairs to your shared bedroom and pounded on the door.

"Y/N?"

"Go away!" You yelled in response.

"Please, baby, please let me in," Jennie begged as she started to tear up. "I'm so sorry."

There was silence for a few long seconds before you spoke.

"You forgot, Jen. You forgot my birthday."

She put her forehead on the door, exhaling shakily as the guilt became even more overwhelming.

"You know how I feel about my birthday. It's not that special to me. But you always say it's special to you so I always get my hopes up about spending the day with you. But this time, you just left. You completely forgot. And it hurts."

Jennie's heart shattered.

"I feel horrible. You know I love you so much, darling. Your birthday is so important to me. I just got my days mixed up. But I shouldn't have. I want to make it up to you."

"I just want to be alone."

"Y/N-" She sniffled, about to plead once more for you to let her in.

"No, Jennie. Just leave me alone. Sleep on the sofa or in the guest room for the night. I need space."

She didn't want to give you space. She didn't want to sleep if she couldn't hold you. She didn't want to go to bed like this.

But she knew that she couldn't push you right now.

If the shoe was on the other foot, she'd probably feel the same.

So she gave in.

"Okay. I love you."

She waited for you to say the words back. But all she got in return was silence.

She walked back downstairs, deciding to sleep on the sofa for the night so you could have some space, just as you needed.

But she wouldn't be sleeping.

She'd be staying awake all night, tossing and turning and trying to think of ways to make this all up to you.

Because you deserved that.