put it down (requested)

"What would you like to start our movie night off with, my love?" Jennie asked as she sat down on the sofa beside you.

You didn't seem to hear a word she said, too busy scrolling through your phone.

She let out a heavy sigh. You've been on that thing since you woke up a little while ago.

She's not mad at you or anything. But she does worry about you and she knows where this is going to go.

You're addicted to your phone and it's starting to take a toll on you. Your vision tends to blur a bit now and you keep getting bad headaches.

It's only a matter of time until they hit you again.

She tapped your shoulder and when you turned to look at her, she sent you a heartwarming smile.

"What should we start our movie night off with?"

"Whatever you want, Jennie. Anything is fine with me."

You smiled at her and tried to pretend you were okay, but it was noticeable that you felt uncomfortable.

You scrunched up your face as your head started to ache slightly.

You could feel the headache coming on and you knew it was only going to get more intense.

But you picked your phone back up and Jennie sighed.

Even when you groaned as the ache got worse, you still didn't put it down.

So Jennie took matters into her own hands.

She pulled your phone from your hands and you looked at her in surprise as she turned it off and put it on the table.

"Jennie,"

"Don't whine." She giggled. "You're getting another headache. It's time to put it down and relax."

You knew she was right, so you didn't even try to argue with her.

"What about that movie?"

"How about we wait on the movie? It's early still, we've got time. How about we do something else like play a game or do a puzzle. Or, if you're hungry, we could cook something up."

"All of the above?" You asked, a hopeful look in your eyes.

Jennie couldn't say no, so she kissed you and then nodded her head as she caressed your cheek.

"C'mon, let's begin," she said as she took your hand and led you into the kitchen.