she has a nightmare (requested)

The sound of Jennie letting out a scream and sitting straight up in bed caused you to jolt awake.

"Jennie?" You quickly turned the light on to see beads of sweat rolling down her skin and her head in her hands.

"Jennie? Jennie are you okay?" You asked worriedly as you scooted closer and closer to her. Upon laying your hand on her back you could tell that she was trembling. You worried that the touch of your hand might scare her, but she lifted her head to look at you before throwing her arms around you.

"You scared me!" You murmured. "Are you alright?"

"No." She whimpered as she lifted her head from your shoulder. Tears ran down her cheeks and you didn't waste a single second in wiping them away. "I had a bad dream; a really bad dream."

"About what, baby?" You asked as you rubbed her shoulders. She was still really shaken up. Whatever she'd dreamt about must've been terrible to leave a mark like this on her.

"Something was chasing me. It felt like everything was in slow motion and my feet were frozen. I couldn't move, I couldn't run!" She panted, looking at you with red eyes. Her teeth were sinking into her lip so much you worried she'd draw blood.

"I know it was scary, but it was only a dream. Just a really bad dream." You mumbled as you pulled her into your arms and held her close. She buried her face in your shirt and focused on your hand running along her back comfortingly.

You fell onto the bed with her still wrapped in your arms. You felt her breath tickle your skin and her fingers clutching your shirt tightly.

"You can hold onto me, if you're still scared."

"Don't let me go."

It was a soft whisper. But you still heard her. You can tell she wasn't crying anymore though. She was just holding onto you because that's where she found the most comfort; in you.

"I won't ever let you go. You're safe. It was just a bad dream. I'll stay awake with you till the sun comes up if that'll make you feel better. But no matter what, I won't let you go."

She breathed out a sigh of relief against your skin. Her lips brushed against your neck lovingly. "I love you. Thank you for always making me feel better. I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

You started to play with her hair, trying anything and everything to make her feel better.

"You never have to worry about that because I'll always be here for you. No more bad dreams. I love you. I've got you."

She breathed softly against your skin, feeling better now that she was safe in your embrace.