kissing you unexpectedly

"Y/N," Jennie yelled out as soon as she walked through the door. "Y/N? Please tell me that you're home!" She pleaded. Her day had been a little overwhelming and she needed you more than anything. Her shoulders were slumped and heavy from the stress that she's been feeling for the last few hours and there was a frown on her face that had yet to fall.

That was, however, until she heard your footsteps on the stairs. She lifted her head, greeting you with sad and tired eyes. But as soon as she was able to hold you in her arms her frown disappeared and she felt herself relax for the first time since she left this morning.

"It's okay. I'm here, my love." You whispered softly and held onto her as she let out a shaky sigh here and there. Her head rested comfortably on your shoulder and she didn't want to move. For the first time since she left hours ago, she felt content.

"Jennie? Are you okay?" You asked worriedly as you brushed your hand along her back.

"No." She replied quickly. "But I will be soon. If you'll just hold me."

"You know I won't let you go, baby. But, I do think I have something special for you. I think it'll help cheer you up."

She whined when you pulled away but a small smile quickly followed when you wrapped your fingers around her hand. You led her up the stairs and down the hall to your shared room. She noticed that the lights were dimmed and there was a delicious aroma in the air; one that made her mouth water.

"I wanted to make your day better. So I made your favorite comfort food and I have all your favorite films and shows queued up. I also bought you this," You let go of her hand to walk to her nightstand where you picked up her favorite flower and put it in her hand.

She let out a breathless chuckle before looking back at you. Her eyes were bright as they locked with your own.

"I also warmed your blanket up to keep you warm if you want to curl up into that."

She smiled at you and put the flower on the bed. She seemed to be a lot happier than before. The sadness that her eyes once held was completely faded away; a look of happiness and adoration now filled them instead.

She gently placed the flower on the bed and took ahold of your hands. She intertwined your fingers and kissed your cheek softly while butterflies filled her chest.

"I'm sorry you had a hard day but I hope that this helped you." You whispered as you gave her hand a squeeze. "I love you more than anything. I just want you to be happy."

She let your hand go to hook her fingers under your chin. Staring deeply into your eyes, she hoped you could see the look of love that swam inside them.

"Are you feeling better?"

Instead of giving you a verbal answer, she pushed her lips onto yours. She brushed her fingers along your chin and let her other hand move to your hip where she gave it a squeeze and moved her lips against yours in a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." She whispered softly against your lips while she continued to kiss you. "I don't know what I'd ever do without you. You make every bad day better, baby girl. This is so sweet of you to do. I don't even know what to say..." She trailed off as her forehead touched yours.

"I'm so in love with you, Y/N. Thank you for being here for me. I feel much better now; not just because of all of this, but because I'm finally home with you. You're all I ever need after a bad day."

You looped your arms around her neck and brought her in for a few more kisses; some that made her breathe out a soft sigh into the kiss and brush her fingertips mindlessly along her back before you pulled away and guided her to the bed and took a seat beside her.

She pulled you between her legs and wrapped her arms around you so you could enjoy the meal you made special for her together.

Everything else was completely forgotten about, now that she was with you again.